Thread: TV Listings offset one hour earlier

TV Listings offset one hour earlier

I am currently using the GBPVR 0.9912 version and it is an excellent program and I complement the programmers. Nevertheless, I think I have just found a bug in the program. The TV programs are all listing the shows one hour earlier than they should. I went to the schedulesdirect web site forum and this topic was addressed. Some of the replies stated that most likely the program or application reading the data did not take into account the new DST changes in the USA starting this year (2007). Is it possible that the programmers can create a "hotfix" to correct this problem?

Thanks,

DA

GB-PVR just asks Windows to convert the UTC times supplied by Schedules Direct to local times... so as long as Windows knows when daylight savings kicks in, then it should be fine.

GB-PVR doesnt know when daylight savings kicks in, and doesnt need to.

Daylight savings time was supposed to end early this morning but was moved to next week by the Americans. Maybe you don't have the Microsoft patch installed on your PC.

Martin

microsoft just released another patch because apparently the first one failed on some computers so that is probably the issue. check your time zone.
    Dan Blomberg
    HTPC 1: MSI K8NGM2-FID, AMD 64 3000+, WD 200gb HDD, 1gb ram, NSK2400, PVR-500, Harmony 659
    HTPC 2: ASUS M2NPV-VM, AMD 64 3200+, WD 250gb HDD, 1gb ram, nVidia DualTV MCE, NSK2400, Harmony 720
    HTPC 3: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H GeForce 9400, Intel E5200 Wolfdale, WD 640gb HDD, 4gb ram, Antec Fusion 2, HVR-1600, hdhomerun, Harmony 880, PCH A-110
    GBPVR 1.4.7 Additions: Weather2, UltraXMLTV, Comskip
    Project: Setup Logitech Harmony Remote

Smile simple dst timezone fixes available

my XP time switched too (wrongly) because i didnt patch my PC - even though (irony) we've patched all servers at work. then again i didnt think gbpvr would care now i've updated the checklist for my windows reinstallation

the fixes are simple: get the patch from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933360 (which links to http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst)

you can also get the tz editor to manually set up your timezone for future changes not covered in the current patch from here: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...52f/tzedit.exe

make sure your time is correct after you patch!

as an alternative i've also seen this topic http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...ight=dst+patch which says that moving your time to "normal" then moving your timezone to another one and back will fix the guide (after a refresh). didnt try it though but looks like its working.

hope this helps!
    Last edited by pvruser; 2007-10-29 at 12:00 AM.
    GBPVR 1.4.7
    3 x HVR-950Q USB OTA ATSC HD TUNER
    T2250 @ 2.5 GB RAM + ASUS Moca-AR Calcite
    Roku HD + XD

Quote Originally Posted by pvruser View Post
    the fixes are simple
    Yeah, maybe, after you find the blankety-blank thing!

I couldn't believe the crap I had to wade-thru at microsoft.com to find this "simple fix"!

DST seems to be working as instructed

I updated the Windows XP patch for DST, emptied the XML in the configuration application, restarted both GBPVR & Configuration programs, and then had the configuration program reread the XML file from SchedulesDirect and the TV LISTINGS set to the appropiate times. Hopefully, It will be OK this Sunday when DST ends.

Thanks.

Exclamation messed up after dst

its not ok for me using zap2xml. windos time switched fine but the guide was 1 hour behind. did manual update and got it messed up worse by getting duplicates 1 hour later (which was the normal time but the recording was still scheduled 1 hour early). apparently its caused by the XML generated - the zap2xml doesnt know anything about dst so the offset before the switch was 4 hours while after the switch its 5 hours. (e.g. start="20071104060000 -0400" before vs. start="20071104060000 -0500" after)

too bad gbpvr doesnt support a full reload (and reschedule) during the normal EPG update - so i'll have to manually empty the EPG and reschedule all recordings in the morning.
    Last edited by pvruser; 2007-11-04 at 05:55 AM.
    GBPVR 1.4.7
    3 x HVR-950Q USB OTA ATSC HD TUNER
    T2250 @ 2.5 GB RAM + ASUS Moca-AR Calcite
    Roku HD + XD