Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to pay up

How much?

Marx said
    From each according to his ability, to each according to his need

You have to reflect on the contribution that gbpvr makes to your life and be comfortable that you have made a contribution that reflects the enjoyment that you receive from this software.

The way that I think about it is that if Sub ever pulled the plug on gbpvr, I want to to be comfortable that I had at least made what I consider to be a reasonable contribution to the project. I would hate to be in the situation where I was thinking "If only I had given more".

Sub does not want people to kill themselves over gbpvr. If you genuinely can't afford to pay anything, that's fine;enjoy the software. Those of us who have a few $ spare, should reflect on how we spent our money on the things that add value to our lives.

Only you can decide how much. I am sure Sub would rather receive $5, rather than nothing.
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Hi Sub,

Just donated, just wanted to say thanks again for the fantastic program - latest version is the best yet

Garyeuph
    GBPVR 1.4.7
    Hauppauge PVR150, Hauppauge Nova-T 9200
    Nvidia 6200 S-Video to WS TV
    AMD 3200, HD 250GB and 500GB
    NTL Samsung with Red-Eye Serial

I know I was a little slow but I have sent in my donation too (via my son who has a paypal account). I know it may seem odd that I am unwilling to have a paypal account but put it down to my advanced age (although there are lots out there who are older than me and who aren't afraid to have a paypal account). I realize that I could have donated directly using a credit card without using paypal, but it just doesn't seem right that VISA should get a cut of the donation.

Anyway, thanks for a truly great program and for the absolutely fabulous support on the forum. My husband says I get as much fun out of learning how to add in plugins and fix problems as I do in enjoying the gbpvr! I especially appreciate your patience when I don't fully understand the answers to my questions and need additional explanations. I am still new to the world of forums but it seems to me that it is far easier to misinterpret someone's comments on the internet than in person.
    PVRx2 v1.4.7|Hauppauge 150 with 45 button remote & HVR1600|Cyberlink for DVD and BDA multiplexer|
    evga nvidia gforce 6200: Pentium(R)4 cpu 2.4 GHz 3 Gb ram|Windows XP: 1 MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kayak4ever View Post
    My husband says I get as much fun out of learning how to add in plugins and fix problems as I do in enjoying the gbpvr!
    I think there may be a lot of us in the same position... Technology should be fun...

I especially appreciate your patience when I don't fully understand the answers to my questions and need additional explanations. I am still new to the world of forums but it seems to me that it is far easier to misinterpret someone's comments on the internet than in person.
    Best forum I've ever come across...

Just done my bit.