been playing with gbpvr for a few days with the idea of using it as a pvr frontend for meedio, but i've realised it's good enough to use on it's own, hope someone can help out with a few problems that i'm having (listed below)
1.is it possible to change the available channels in the net radio plugin
2. text cropping in buttons and on epg, i'm using windows large (120%) fonts which work well on tv
3.are there supposed to be on screen controls for the dvd player plugin ? once i start playing a dvd all i can do is alt/f4 to close the prog
4.if i launch an external app i get a black screen with a LAUNCHING EXTERNAL APPLICATION message, if i click on this screen the app i've started looses focus and i'm stuck in the black screen...alt/f4 needed again
5.how do i install plugins/skins as i cant find any info on this
done a search for all the above but could'nt find anything to help
thanks in advance....
1) click on the FM Radio plugin in the config app's plugins page. Then click the settings button.
2) You could try making your own skin.
3) No at the moment. Pressing home will take you back to the main menu. Pressing the blue key (ctrl-b) will take you to the DVD menu.
4) GB-PVR is waiting for the application to finish. If its an app you always want to run, then start it a different way (independently of GB-PVR).
5) Usually the plugins are archived up with the paths include, so you just need to extract to the c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr directory. Ultimately this will result in a new plugin DLL being added to the c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\plugins directory, and some skin files in c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\skin\.... The most recent versions of the plugins can be found at http://gbpvr.bladerhq.com
thanks for the reply sub....it helped a lot
on point 1 above i was trying to change the net radio stations not fm, the settings button is disabled on this plugin.
Ah, skim reading...
You can add addition stations by downloading .pls files from shoutcast.com and placing them in the c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\netradio directory. Unfortunately Window's is a bit "protective" of files that were installed, so most people find you cant delete the files that were already there (Window puts them back).
How does gbpvr compare to ctpvr?
The author of ctpvr is testing mmvp to use with pvr150/250/350/500 along with ctpvr?