Thread: Oct 17th Dongle - issues

Oct 17th Dongle - issues

Martin,

Unfortunately the wife has had issues with the 17th Oct release (didn't try the 14th) which has required me to regress to std GBPVR dongle

Issues (none of which are every time)
    - Synch issues in playing back AVI files
    - AVI files locking up ie playing stopped
    - When finish playing a program and returned to menus then unable to navigate GBPVR menus.

Checked logs and nothing of interest showing though I have secured them

Any ideas - I am happy to do some more testing with any additional logging you want switched on

Jonathon
    Jon
    Server: HP ML150 G3, 8GB RAM, 4x500Gb and 2x250GB SATA Disks, Hauppage Nova-T
    Software: GBPVR running in XenServer 5.5 VM - Win2003 SP2, GBPVR v1.4.7, VLC v1.0.2,
    Dongle: mvpmc-dongle.bin (Sep08)
    Plugins: Music v1
    Other: Current ffmpeg build
    Clients: 3xHauppauge MediaMVP(H4 SCART) & 4PCs

Jonathon, thanks for the feedback and offer to continue to test. The WAF is very important and the "pioneers" had to deal with quite a bit of this.

For improving things, your signature says 1.0.8 is that correct? If so that's were I would start making changes. I wouldn't mind seeing the logs it answers a lot of the simple questions like this.

Also do you create the mvpmc share? If so it will allow you to test the speed of your network. Creating mvpmc client logging is the best way of helping but it might be tricky and it does add to the network load.

Martin

Martin,

Sorry signature out of date (now corrected) I am running the latest version of GBPVR. mvpmc share is available. logs attached

Jon
    Jon
    Software: GBPVR running in XenServer 5.5 VM - Win2003 SP2, GBPVR v1.4.7, VLC v1.0.2,

I notice that you have M:\TV as the recording directory. Is that a share or local drive?
    This is important because the mvp doesn't really play avi files they are transocde to mpeg in the recording directory, reread and streamed to the mvp.

The first thing I'd like to see is the GBPVR logs with mvpmc when the problem occurs.
    I see you are auto-starting 2 servers so if you can set this to 1 to ensure that logging is taking place. If you have multiple mvp's and need this see this thread
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=30487

To check the bandwidth of your network put an mpeg 2 file into your mvpmc share folder and instead of going into emulation mode go into the filesystem option and navigate to /etc/mvpmc. Highlight the file you want but instead of hitting the play button, hit the menu button and select throughput test. Let it play for 30 seconds and then hit stop. You should get a display with showing your bandwidth.

Martin

Martin

Martin,

Work is dragging me away for a few days so I will have to follow up on my return later this week.

Cheers,

Jon
    Jon