Thread: Comskip inconsistent behavior

Comskip inconsistent behavior

I am trying to switch to using comskip during recordings. However, I tried that last night and it did not work, it found no commercials. But when I ran it afterwards, it found some. It always worked great in post processing. I have attached relevant files in both cases.

Also, changing the GBPVR config setting to run in parrallel did not cause it to run, I had to add parrallelprocessing.bat and add comkip there.

Thanks.
    NPVR 1.5.36, PVR-150 tuner(cable & Sat), Fusionlite 5 tuner (ATSC), HDHomeRun, AMD 2.2 GHz Athlon, 3 PCH NMT devices.

Strange this should work flawlessly. I use parallelprocessing to start comskip and postprocessing for other tasks.

Is it possible that another process started in postprocessing is doing something causing comskip to fail?
    I am not sure whether there is a difference between starting comskip in parallelprocessing and from within GBPVR in terms of starting postprocessing. when run from parallelprocessing postprocessing only starts when parallel is finished. When comskip runs from within GBPVR I am not sure. Maybe this is your problem?
    Regards Koen,

GBPVR 1.4.7
    AMD 780G with X2 BE2350, 2gb ram, LCD-TV, Win XP
    PVR500, PVR150 & PVC150 MCE MediaMVP D3A, 2 networked clients

DVR-MS problem...

I don't think you can run Comskip on DVR-MS files until they finish recording.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDon View Post
    I don't think you can run Comskip on DVR-MS files until they finish recording.
    I think you are right. I am going to try to use mpg and see how it goes.
    NPVR 1.5.36, PVR-150 tuner(cable & Sat), Fusionlite 5 tuner (ATSC), HDHomeRun, AMD 2.2 GHz Athlon, 3 PCH NMT devices.