Thread: Weather plugin in dutch

Lightbulb Weather plugin in dutch

I just installed the Weather plugin and have yet again impressed the wife

As much as I like it, it does not come in dutch, which would improve the WAF some more . In the settings there is no option for dutch. I was wondering why there is a language setting at all, since GBPVR already has such a setting. Couldn't that be used instead as well as the standard translation mechanism?

Another question I have is if there is some other way to make the Weather plugin dutch. All suggestions are - as always - very welcome.

By the way, I'd be happy to provide any dutch translations for the Weather plugin (or any other plugin) if someone needs it... just let me know!

HW: Asus M2NPV-VM (nVidia 6150/430 chipset), AMD Athlon64 3200+, 2x512MB Kingston ValueRAM, Samsung 250GB HDD, 2x Hauppauge PVR 150MCE, Pioneer DVR-111D, Seasonic S12-330 PSU, Silverstone LC10B-M case, Zalman 7500-AlCu fan
    SW: XP Pro (SP2), PVRX2 (1.2.9), NVidia (163.71), Hauppauge (2.0.48.24227). MPV/MPA Decoders

Quote Originally Posted by hzwaal View Post
    Another question I have is if there is some other way to make the Weather plugin dutch. All suggestions are - as always - very welcome.
    In theory you should be able to add any strings you want to translate to the language.xml file and it should be possible to show this existing plugin with the dutch language.

That should work for the buttons. The extra translation that the plug-in does it to try to translate the detailed forecast text. This text is published in English only and the translation is done via the google online translation service, which can lead to some pretty horrific translations. Google not offer English to Dutch translations at this time.

Jeff