Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To EPG grabber developers...

To EPG grabber developers...

I'm working on a general EPG wiki page that will describe and link to your EPG Grabbers...

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manual/EPG

I will need help in the descriptions. Please comment/ add/ correct inoformation here. I'll admin this page...

The different tools will link to individual wiki pages. If you need one for your program let me know...
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

Got one to add:
    I found another alternative for zap2it and schedules direct; its actually cheaper too, either $3.50/mo or $30/yr ($2.50/mo).

Its from the people who make CTpvr.

I haven't tested it but read about it on missingremote.com and thought people might be interested in more alternatives:
    http://ctpvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1682

This should work with xmltv output pretty easily.
    Dan Blomberg
    HTPC 1: MSI K8NGM2-FID, AMD 64 3000+, WD 200gb HDD, 1gb ram, NSK2400, PVR-500, Harmony 659
    HTPC 2: ASUS M2NPV-VM, AMD 64 3200+, WD 250gb HDD, 1gb ram, nVidia DualTV MCE, NSK2400, Harmony 720
    HTPC 3: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H GeForce 9400, Intel E5200 Wolfdale, WD 640gb HDD, 4gb ram, Antec Fusion 2, HVR-1600, hdhomerun, Harmony 880, PCH A-110
    GBPVR 1.4.7 Additions: Weather2, UltraXMLTV, Comskip
    Project: Setup Logitech Harmony Remote

Grappers

See my message in General it has the link to a free service for Canada and US

Quote Originally Posted by bradmarsh View Post
    See my message in General it has the link to a free service for Canada and US
    I skimmed the post; its just a scraper. There are a bunch of options like that in the developers forum.
    Dan Blomberg
    HTPC 1: MSI K8NGM2-FID, AMD 64 3000+, WD 200gb HDD, 1gb ram, NSK2400, PVR-500, Harmony 659
    HTPC 2: ASUS M2NPV-VM, AMD 64 3200+, WD 250gb HDD, 1gb ram, nVidia DualTV MCE, NSK2400, Harmony 720
    HTPC 3: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H GeForce 9400, Intel E5200 Wolfdale, WD 640gb HDD, 4gb ram, Antec Fusion 2, HVR-1600, hdhomerun, Harmony 880, PCH A-110

Proposal for inclusion in the wiki:

In the 'How it should work....' section

Change 'Sometimes, as in the case of Schedules Direct'
    To 'Sometimes, as in the case of Schedules Direct or UK Freeeview'

Include in the 'Available EPG Update Services' section

UK Freeview EPG
    ... is a free 7 day EPG service broadcast along with the TV signal itself. This is the EPG used by Freeview Set-Top boxes, Freeview enabled Hard Disk Recorders and Freeview enabled TVs. GB-PVR users can start using this service by simply setting 'EPG Source:' to 'DVB EPG Broadcast' in the 'Edit Recording Source' dialog box in the GB-PVR Config programme.

Note to UK DVB-T users: If you feel you want to correct spelling, grammer, syntax or content please feel free to copy, amend and paste into your own post...

Note to NZ DVB-T users: I don't know much about NZ Freeview, but I suspect that it might be different enough to merit its own section...

If there are any other countries with Freeview, appologies for missing you out.

zehd: Possibly trivial but could you change
    There may be enough difference between the UK and NZ versions of FreeView to merit its own sectionů
    to
    There may be enough difference between the UK and NZ versions of FreeView for NZ to merit its own Freeview EPG sectionů

Quote Originally Posted by -Oz-;
    I skimmed the post; its just a scraper. There are a bunch of options like that in the developers forum.
    Ok I am not sure what you mean.
    I can only tell you it downloads my TV Guide and I get GBPVR to load the listings it downloads. And It works

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by bradmarsh View Post
    Ok I am not sure what you mean.
    I can only tell you it downloads my TV Guide and I get GBPVR to load the listings it downloads. And It works

Brad
    That means it loads the webpage and then takes all the code (scrapes) and then analyzes the code to get the programming lineup. This means when zap2it or whoever changes their webpage the program won't work until it gets updated.

This is why people are using MCE or API versions, they're less likely to break.

But yes, that scraper will work fine.
    Dan Blomberg

Quote Originally Posted by -Oz- View Post
    That means it loads the webpage and then takes all the code (scrapes) and then analyzes the code to get the programming lineup. This means when zap2it or whoever changes their webpage the program won't work until it gets updated.

This is why people are using MCE or API versions, they're less likely to break.

But yes, that scraper will work fine.
    Well, money. Since I am running XP and in Canada, my only options appear to be either pay for SchedulesDirect or pay Microsoft for MCE or Vista. This really sucks. Maybe I should look at moving to dvb-s.

Greg
    Last edited by ggee; 2007-08-28 at 03:28 AM.
    Server:
    GBPVR 1.4.7
    Capture: Hauppauge PVR-150MCE

Clients:
    Media MVP: 2 wired(default dongle), 1 wireless(mvpmc dongle)
    PCH A-100: 1 (mvpmcx2)

Quote Originally Posted by ggee View Post
    Well, money. Since I am running XP and in Canada, my only options appear to be either pay for Zap2It for SchedulesDirect or pay Microsoft for MCE or Vista. This really sucks. Maybe I should look at moving to dvb-s.

Greg
    nah, just use the scraper mentioned higher up in this post.
    Dan Blomberg