Thread: hardware/software input- add 1600, scheduling for QAM and analog?

hardware/software input- add 1600, scheduling for QAM and analog?

Hi all;

I have a 1.8GHz system with a PVR-350. I just have a basic cable subscription, no premium channels.

I'd like to add the 1600 and see what's available via QAM.

How to I manage guide information/ mapping for both QAM and regular cable for this setup- will it "just work" or do I have to manually assign the QAM channels?

Thanks!

I won't try and duplicate all the other guides to mapping digital channels here and on the wiki, but I can tell you that it won't "just work."

It took me a minimum 2 hours to get set up right the first time and that is because the default qam.ini worked and during the 2 hours I found all the clear QAM channels on my STB.

Now I can do it all from scratch including a scan in about 1/2 an hour because my cableco cut the number of clear QAM channels down to 4 channels

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I won't try and duplicate all the other guides to mapping digital channels here and on the wiki, but I can tell you that it won't "just work."

It took me a minimum 2 hours to get set up right the first time and that is because the default qam.ini worked and during the 2 hours I found all the clear QAM channels on my STB.

Now I can do it all from scratch including a scan in about 1/2 an hour because my cableco cut the number of clear QAM channels down to 4 channels

Martin
    I had read scanning and finding the clear ones will be a pain.

However, I'm more interested in guide information--I guess my post didn't convey that clearly. How do you handle guide info/ scheduling recordings for the QAM side?

If you have Comcast, they have channel 101 to 116 for Local HD. You can map QAM channels to those. Others have use the Zap2it over the air guide for mapping digital channels.

Dan L.
    Dell Dual Core 6400 XP Pro, PVR500, HVR-1600, MVPs on Belkin wireless bridge