Thread: Error: Specified Cast Is Not Valid

Error: Specified Cast Is Not Valid

Sub,
    I Just Changed To Version 1.08, But I Get This Message "Error: Specified Cast Is Not Valid" When I Try To Use Either TV Guide, Recordings, Or Search Guide. I Also Can't Load A Recording Source In Config. Actually I Can Load It But It Immediently Dumps It. So When I Use Live TV It Says There's No Recording Source. Thanks For Your Help And All Your Work.

2007-07-25 18:02:10.833 ERROR [1] Error int SourceConfigurationContainer::LoadAll(): System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
    no such column: allocation_order
    It looks like you've upgraded from a previous verison, then copied the database from the old version over the top of the GB-PVR 1.0.8 database. Is that correct? This is causing failures because application is not finding the database structure it expects.

Sub,
    Fixed. Yes I did install it over an earlier version, and tried to keep my database so it would keep my list of recorded programs. I uninstalled, renamed the gbpvr folder to oldgbpvr, and reinstalled. Got everything back except the list of recorded programs, Nice Job. Thanks.

When doing an upgrade, gbpvr may update the database schema so you should leave the database as it is. I have never lost any info from my database when upgrading.

Have a look in your gbpvr or oldgbpvr folder for recording-dump.xml. This should (check in notepad) contain the details of all your old recordings and can be imported via config.exe, plugins tab, import recordings.
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Done, and done. You guys are awesome. Got everything back. Thanks alot.