Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hauppauge 1600 ATSC crashes GBPVR

Hauppauge 1600 ATSC crashes GBPVR

I have no problem running the analog side of the tuner card with GBPVR. But when I try to use the digital side, it crashes GBPVR. I have the digital tuner set up and have mapped the corresponding OTA digital channels. I'm just wondering if I have some setting incorrect that won't let me watch the digital channels and makes GBPVR crash.

Does it crash immediately?

Zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

I can start GBPVR and watch my analog stations. But when I try to turn to a digital station it immediately crashes. I've attached the log. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I meant the log files from the 'logs' subdirectory

Here it is.

I cant actually see any attempts to use the ATSC digital side of the card. The logs only seem to show you using the analog side.

Did you reproduce the problem prior to posting the logs? If not, then you'll need to, then repost the logs. If you did, can you tell me what time so I can narrow down where in the logs to look?

All of a sudden it's working now. Don't know why. But some of the digital stations don't fill up the full screen. They have bars of black and white on the side and bottom (see attached picture). Is this a GBPVR problem or something to do with the Hauppauge driver?

This is the nvidia drivers aspect ratio bug. The work arounds are to either switch to the VMR9 Custom video renderer or disable hardware acceleration in your video decoder.

How do I do either of those? Is that in the GBPVR config utility or is it associated with the nvidia video card?

You can set the video renderer on the playback tab of the config app.

The hardware acceleration of the video decoder is usually a checkbox in the video decoder settings, also accessed on the playback tab of the config app.