Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: video archiver error

c:\system volume information is denied..What Do i do??

You can't use "System Volume Information" for any storage. Can you explain a little bit more, what the problem is?

No matter where i put my videoarchive, i put mine of course in the skin/blue/archive folder. It still say c: system volume info denied. i don't know...How exactly and where do you put everything.

I have generated folders for each plug-in on another harddisk and set this folders in the plug-in-properties.

Maybe i misleading you??

goto windows explorer, see if you can see C:\system volume ... if its not there goto tools\folder options\view and uncheck "hide protected operating system files". the directory should now be present, right click on it goto properties, uncheck read only. this might fix it, if it doesnt, you'll have to talk to the developer, ive never used the plugin. but its just throwing an exception whilst trying to read it or something, my plugins where throwing an exception at the same place, i just caught it via code.

Can you be more specifc as to the error? If you send you gbpvr.exe.log and archiver.log file maybe I can figure it out.

Reven, what was the similiar problem you had in your plug-in and how did you fix it?

Thanks

Jeff

there error was when i was a doing a recursive search for image files, so when i was accessing that directory it threw an exception. i just threw a try{}catch(Exception) around it. the exception was thrown, but caught before it caused any problems.

Thanks. Given a root directory for the user's archive and DVDs, I do a scan of all the sub directries under it. Even if the archive folder was specifed as being under a subdirectory, if the DVD drive was specified as C: I suppose I would hit the C:\system volume folder.

If this is what is going on, the quick "fix" would be to avoid the problem by specifing storage folders that are sub directries off of C:. I will try to duplicate the problem here to see if that causes the problem.

Jeff

just throw a try catch around the code that is scanning each directory, so if its a loop
    for(int i=0;i<dirs.length;i++)
    try{
    ScanDirectory();
    }catch(Exception){};

since there maybe other folders, files etc that will cause the same problem.