Thread: Somebody else has to having this problem...

Somebody else has to having this problem...

I tried to use the 1.008 version and folowed the instructions as indicated, installed the C++ file and then GB-PVR, but now my EPG won't load, I checked the accounts and they don't expire till September and I can log in fine, I disabled my XP Firewall weekls ago and up until the upgrade I had no problem updating. I'll post a pic of the error.
    AMD 64 3800+ Dual Core
    Epox 9NDA3I Main board
    2.0 gig DDR400 memory
    WinXP Pro
    256mb Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro AGP Video card
    Sound Blaster Audagy SE
    10/100 NIC PCI
    (1) 80 gig IDE IBM HD - OS and Apps
    (1) 40 gig IDE Maxtor HD - Capture / Storage
    (1) 160 gig IDE Seagate HD - Capture / Storage
    (1) 320 gig Sata Seagate HD - Capture / Storage
    LG DVD Writer (All formats)
    (1) Happauge WinTV 250
    (1) Happauge WinTV 1600
    Hauppauge MediaMVP
    HDHomerun
    Using IO Digital cable (NY)

I'm seeing the same error message and I'm also unable to update EPG. I'm assuming this is a variant of the Zap2It problems other users have been experiencing.

Is that correct?

It's an issue with Zap2It. I was getting this same message before the new GBPVR version came out when I was trying to configure a new listing source using Zap2it. It worked when I tried a bit later in the day.

Maybe they are trying to fade away rather than burn out.

Well I'd say its "good" to hear I'm not alone, but that means alot of people in the in the US and Canada will be scrambling for an alternate source. If they offered a small annual fee or some something I'd go for it. I'd hate to have to buy one of the over priced retail versions of a PVR app. GB-PVR is much more versitile and to me easier to configure. I like having the conguration setup a detailed as it is, it make the Big retail verions look like they're trying to hide stuff or dumb it down. just my 2 cents.
    AMD 64 3800+ Dual Core
    Epox 9NDA3I Main board
    2.0 gig DDR400 memory
    WinXP Pro
    256mb Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro AGP Video card
    Sound Blaster Audagy SE
    10/100 NIC PCI
    (1) 80 gig IDE IBM HD - OS and Apps
    (1) 40 gig IDE Maxtor HD - Capture / Storage
    (1) 160 gig IDE Seagate HD - Capture / Storage
    (1) 320 gig Sata Seagate HD - Capture / Storage
    LG DVD Writer (All formats)
    (1) Happauge WinTV 250
    (1) Happauge WinTV 1600
    Hauppauge MediaMVP
    HDHomerun
    Using IO Digital cable (NY)

I am having the same issue as well; I know that there was work going on to get titantv to work but the last time I looked the thread was getting on for 600 posts. Will this be on the wiki once it's up and running? I have no guide at the mo...
    Celeron D 2.53GHz, 1024MB
    120GB, 160GB int, 80GB, 250GB ext, 40GB lan HDDs
    PVR-150 retail, 1 wired MVP, 1 wireless MVP, OFA URC-8910 Remote
    Look for me on XBox Live!

Just chiming in to say that I have the same problem, and as with the others, only since installing the 1.0.8 update.

I didn't notice it until 3 days ago and I've tried steadily since with no luck. Switched to xmltv for the short haul just to be safe. I haven't look anywhere else on the net but I'm sure there are thousands of others. Maybe this is part of the change that will take place on Sept. 1. Either way, no use reading too much into this as it is what it is.

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 8.1

Confirmed the same problem and error message (but not always) here too.

It was happening to me before upgrading my GBPVR too. I've had a problem getting a update labs.zap2it for days.

HELL NO... I wouldn't pay a fee to use zap2it for my guide listing at this time.

I posted too soon and just realized the problem has nothing to do with 1.0.8 or GBPVR at all. I reverted to my old version and looked through the TV guide. I only have listings until Thursday, and I should have an entire week.

My problem was that I'm still using 9516 and the old database, because it works perfectly for what I need (and more importantly my fiancee wanted me to stop tinkering with things so she could watch TV). After I gave up on downloading new listings, I tried to convert the old database with the Change Database utility, but I kept getting errors. So I ended up with no EPG and no way to download it. I went back to 9516 after that.

So between now and September, I'm just going to wait until I see that new listings are coming in and then reinstall 1.0.8. It looked and worked great from the little bit I used it.