Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Hauppauge pvr150 remote inop with 1.0.8

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    East Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    4,246

    Hauppauge pvr150 remote inop with 1.0.8

    I just found that my remote is inop with the new interface - no visible response. If I open the old interface via right clicking on the tray Icon, then all is as normal.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,406
    Try clicking the "Fix Remote" option in Config. The remote settings are stored in the IRREMOTE.INI file based on the window name of the application being controlled. Since the new interface has a new exe and name, the old gbpvr settings don't work.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NB, Canada
    Posts
    1
    Same problem here with same card and remote. I did a "Fix remote" for my Hauppauge remote but it still doesn't work with PVRX2. No problem with the old GB-PVR.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    North Lawrence, NY
    Posts
    825
    My custom remote commands were out of whack too. As wtg said, the prefs in IRREMOTE.INI are stored with the application name. Sure enough, a whole new section for the new app. I renamed my GB-PVR set to the new app name and renamed PVRX2 to PVRX2OLD. Works like a charm.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    East Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by wtg View Post
    Try clicking the "Fix Remote" option in Config. The remote settings are stored in the IRREMOTE.INI file based on the window name of the application being controlled. Since the new interface has a new exe and name, the old gbpvr settings don't work.
    Thanks - that did the trick - don't forget to run the IR restart thing to use the new settings. I'd never looked at that file, so didn't realise the way oit worked.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •