Thread: USB SATA conflict?

USB SATA conflict?

My system is ASUS p4p800-vm board, 2.8 P4, 1GB, Nova PCI and Nova USB and Twinhan DVB-S and DLink USB NIC. Since adding SATA HDD I'm having USB problems. The NIC isn't starting unless I do a bit of fiddling - device manager shows unknown device. If I get it working, it stops at the next reboot. Also, I'm using the nova USB as the remote receiver and this seems more likely to interpret a button press as 2 presses. Anyone had experience sorting this type of problem?

i can't help with your nic problem but i do know about the duplicate key problem with the nova-t usb.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=9275

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/sho...emote+registry

(summary: get the remote working on the pci card, hopefully with th registry mod)
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Thanks for that; I'll read it when less tireed. It's getting sillier now.....The DLink comes with an extension lead and desktop shoe to hold the adapter. If I plug the key into the USB port directly it works, but if I use the extension it shows as unknown device. I have replaced the extension with another one and it is currently working, but Ifind it hard to believe that the lead has gone faulty

yeah i had that with my imon lcd display believe it
    I had to solder wire straight onto the back of it
    kept reloading drivers sometimes it would work sometimes it wouldnt then it would disconnect and reconnect without me doing anything and you would get that annoying sound when you plug usb stuff in (i know i could turn the sound off)

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post

(summary: get the remote working on the pci card, hopefully with th registry mod)
    That's interesting; thanks for that. I've been using GBPVR for about 18 months and initially got the Nova USB bundled with an MVP and it was then a few months before I added the Nova PCI and because I had no major probs with the IR I didn't seriously try to change the remote control