Thread: GB prv won't list programs already recorded

GB prv won't list programs already recorded

Today I upgraded to the latest GB-pvr software, and what could go wrong did! I can live with having to re inter all the settings to get it back up and have but the Question is Why does it not see the old tv recording from the old software? I put in the correct path to them. When I record something new its right next to all the old recordings. The only way I could get to watch them was to put in the path to video recordings down in the video library directory Any Ideas will be much appreciated

did you save your old gbpvr folder?

Post the logs and I'll see if I can see an obvious cause.

ok I think I got them all

There is no sign of any error that would have been the cause. If the problem has only just happened you can probably use the 'import recordings' feature in the config app to import recordings-dump.xml file in the gbpvr directory.

Ok thx I will give that a try again thank you for your time and help

Nope that will not work! and for the life of me I can't find my old backup of the files that I backup at every time I do a upgrade. Oh well I still have the recorded shows, and can view them Just had to use my video library instead, so thx for the help

I also think there is some MpegImport utility or something similiar on the wiki that can be used to recreate your recording data in the database. If you're using NTFS file system, then info about the recording (descriptions etc) are store in an alternate stream in the .mpg file. This utility uses this info to rebuild the data.

That utility is a lifesaver - or is that wifesaver?

you have done a search for recording-dump?