Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Zap2it Closing Down

Quote Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
    ioan did you ever get it working ? I'd be interested in what language you used to write your prg.

I have a working utility......just need to clean up the code and hook it to a config for people to enter their UUID and Provider Number (cable system operator and location indicator).

The design will also support advanced info via EWA for the Titan users.....such as HD indicator, Repeat Indicator and Cast Information.

I thought I'd managed to find my TitanTV UUID by starting the TitanTV Remote Scheduler, logging in, and populating the UUID key in my registry. However, trying that value with the TitanTV RequestProgramData tool yields an error 40030 - "Invalid uuid".

I installed a packet sniffer and verified that the UUID sent for the RetrieveAllRemote utility was the same as that stored in my registry. RetrieveAllRemote does work and I was able to run it via "wget --output-document=testtv.xml "http://www.titantv.com/Services/PartnerTools.asmx/
    RetrieveAllRemote?CreatedTime=6/24/2007%209:24:39%20AM&
    PartnerId=49757&ProductID=&ProductVersion=&UUID=ya ddayaddayadda".

However, RequestProgramData continues to fail with "Invalid uuid". Am I doing something wrong, or is TitanTV differentiating between users authorized to use the RequestProgramData service versus those who can use RetrieveAllRemote ?

Keith
    Last edited by keith_marrocco; 2007-06-24 at 03:10 PM.

Maybe my memory but your solution is for Vista and MCE only right ?
    Yes it is for Vista (Home Premium and Ultimate) and MCE only. They do not have to be running on the GB-PVR machine though. As long as you have either on one machine in the house, you can get the data.

It looks like I have also found an alternative that downloads the lineup data (about 14 days worth) in a zip file.

First we need a zipcode. For illustration purposes, we'll use 40207:

api.digitalhomeservices.yahoo.com/V0_1/tribune?mode=tv_headend&zip=40207&country=us

This returns the following text file (IE does not display the carriage returns. you will need to use "View Source"):
    Code:
    BEGIN 11
    4DTV|USA|4DTV||
    AFN|USA|AFN Satellite||
    C-BAND|USA|C-Band|V|
    C-BAND|USA|C-Band|H|
    DITV|USA|DIRECTV||
    DITV529|Louisville|DIRECTV Louisville||
    DISH529|Louisville|DISH Louisville||
    ECHOST|USA|DISH Network||
    KY16673|Louisville|Insight Communications||
    KY16673|Louisville|Insight Communications|X|
    SKYANGL|USA|Sky Angel||
    END
    Then we select the provider we want and use the value in the first field to get the channel list:

(Special note: if the last field contains an "X", it means it is the digital cable lineup and the below url should be changed to contain "device=X").

api.digitalhomeservices.yahoo.com/V0_1/tribune?mode=tv_provider&provider=KY16673&device=&country=us
    Code:
    BEGIN 74
    |23309|001|Local Origination - LOOR001|LOOR001|
    |16139|002|Insight Communications - FWTKR8|FWTKR8|
    |11187|003|The Weather Channel|TWC|
    |11497|004|WHAS|WHAS|
    |11645|005|WLKY|WLKY|
    |11291|006|WAVE|WAVE|
    |17219|007|WBKI|WBKI|
    |25028|008|Insight-Louisville Local Channel 6 ADV6|ADV6|
    |11391|009|WDRB|WDRB|
    |12832|010|WMYO|WMYO|
    <snipped to save space>
    And we can get a zipfile containing the listings with the following:

api.digitalhomeservices.yahoo.com/V0_1/tribune?mode=schedule&provider=KY16673&device=&country=us

The zip file contains a flat text file (like the above format) and looks like it contains all necessary data. I'm working on matching the fields to the corresponding xmltv fields. This will seriously minimize the the amount of required hits and bandwidth. Once you have your provider ID, it's 2 hits for 2 weeks of data in a file thats less than 2MB.

I may need some help with this one. I'll post a list of the fields I am able to figure out later.

There are some cons with this one:
    1) There seems to be no OTA lineups.
    2) I get channel listings but no schedule data for my digital cable lineup. (The text file in the zip is blank.) Regular cable, Dish, DirectTv etc work fine.
    Last edited by whurlston; 2007-06-24 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Yes C#.
    Question: are you using XmlWriter or just outputting a text file? I'm having trouble getting the XmlWriter to write EndElement tags if there are sub-elements. ie:

Code:
    <Element1>
      <sub-element>Data</sub-element>
    </Element1>
    It will not write the </Element1> tag.

I get an empty file for schedule data for Dish Network in Dallas.
    api.digitalhomeservices.yahoo.com/V0_1/tribune?mode=schedule&provider=DISH623&device=&cou ntry=us
    GBPVR Media Center: 2 TwinHan DTV 3250's (OTA HD), 1 PVR150MCE U-Verse STB), AMD 3200+, 1 GB RAM, 250/300 GB HDDs, ATI x800
    2 MediaMVPs

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    It looks like I have also found an alternative that downloads the lineup data (about 14 days worth) in a zip file.

First we need a zipcode. For illustration purposes, we'll use 40207:

api.digitalhomeservices.yahoo.com/V0_1/tribune?mode=tv_headend&zip=40207&country=us

...snip....

There are some cons with this one:
    1) There seems to be no OTA lineups.
    2) I get channel listings but no schedule data for my digital cable lineup. (The text file in the zip is blank.) Regular cable, Dish, DirectTv etc work fine.
    Still, this looks like a good find. The more options the better really, and this would be fine for a lot of users.

Quote Originally Posted by flyswatta View Post
    api.digitalhomeservices.yahoo.com/V0_1/tribune?mode=schedule&provider=DISH623&device=&cou ntry=us
    It worked last night but I just tried again and I'm getting blank files on everything now. I will try again at various times throughout the day/night to see if it a limited time download.

Edit: I'm now getting my schedules again, so it looks like there is a brief time period that they are not available. Probably due to rebuilding the data file.
    Last edited by whurlston; 2007-06-24 at 07:18 PM.

Yes somewhere... if you don't run the TitanTV Remote Scheduler and it will ask you to register which will get you a UUID.

Oh and one note... use your real infomation... why be one of the bad apples that ruins this source.
    I always use my real information Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by flyswatta View Post
    Try using provider=ECHOST
    This will give you the national listings for Dish Network.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    Try using provider=ECHOST
    This will give you the national listings for Dish Network.
    Yep, that did it. Very nice - It looks like listings from 6/23 - 7/06. I wonder how often it updates? Also, it looks like the listings are in GMT, which is good.

Too bad there aren't locals listed
    GBPVR Media Center: 2 TwinHan DTV 3250's (OTA HD), 1 PVR150MCE U-Verse STB), AMD 3200+, 1 GB RAM, 250/300 GB HDDs, ATI x800
    2 MediaMVPs