Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Zap2it Closing Down

Quote Originally Posted by ioan View Post
    http://www.titantv.com/Services/PartnerTools.asmx

hauppauge vendorid=49757 ;-)

-ioan
    Tried it, got a UUID but when I tried to use it, I got an invalid UUID message.
    Did you guys have better luck?
    GBpvr PC: Intel Celeron 1.8 Ghz. 768 Mb WinXp Home Sp2
    Video: Diamond 128 Mb 9550
    Capture Cards: PVR-150 & PVR-150 MCE w/fm + 2x MVP
    Author of: BurnDVDX2 and Skiptool

Sounds like the Titantv may be a great solution. As an update, I was able export the EPG from MyTheatre in xmltv format using a plugin (actually it is just a little program and not a plugin but they call it a plugin for some reason) off their site. I then pointed GBPVR at the file and it worked. I don't know how to have the program update automatically from the mt to xmltv side yet but I am sure there is a way. It looks like the Sage guys do it. This is a solution that should work for anyone with a DVB-S card and a dish. I am pretty sure this would work in Canada off the BEV birds. BTW sub, there is a plugin for called DVBEPG that works on MT and Dream. Do you think it would work as a GBPVR plugin? Where would I put it? It seems to already do the Dish EPG sorting.
    Server= Asus M3A78-EM, 4 gigs ram, AMD A64 5200+, Windows 7 home premium 32, 1 HVR-1800, 1 PCH A-100, Test Rig, Biostar 880g+, AMD X2 260, 4 gb ram, Windows, 7 Home Premium 32, 1 DCR-2650 cablecard tuner

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
    BTW sub, there is a plugin for called DVBEPG that works on MT and Dream. Do you think it would work as a GBPVR plugin? Where would I put it? It seems to already do the Dish EPG sorting.
    Sorry, no it wouldnt.

Interesting thing is, across the web, I have seen a few posts commenting our group of super spiffy developers are hard at work. I even found a link to this thread off site.

Maybe it is time to pray to the Google gods and have them do TV Listings. What are a few extra million web hits to them?
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

Quote Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whurlston
    Yes.It's not available on XP, only on MCE and Vista, but I have a Vista machine that I can pull the data from and I figured that there may be other people who also have Vista on at least one machine. Anyone who does will be able to pull the data from the guide store and then create an xmltv compliant file. This will help to cut down on the amount of traffic from grabbers.
    Figuring I just started playing around with Vista could you tell me how to do this?
    Are you asking from a programming perspective or user perspective?

If from a user perspective, you can't yet but I'm working on it.

If from a programming perspective, I can send you the code I have so far. Right now, I am able to unencrypt the XML data from the EPG and write it out to an unencrypted file. I still need to convert it into xmltv compliancy. First I have to strip/replace certain characters such as , , etc (*see note).
    The program will basically, set the epg download time then restart the ehSched service for the new time to take effect. Then it will do a conversion on the new epg 1 hour after the download time and then tell GB-PVR to update it's guide. which by the way: sub, there is a mechanism in place for that isn't there, like a batch file or something?

*Note: If anyone knows how to do this programmatically c# (or vb) in a way other than string.replace, please let me know or at least point me in the right direction. I'm hoping there is a way to convert character sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    Interesting thing is, across the web, I have seen a few posts commenting our group of super spiffy developers are hard at work. I even found a link to this thread off site.

Maybe it is time to pray to the Google gods and have them do TV Listings. What are a few extra million web hits to them?
    LOL, don't know if that is good or bad. You have a link?

I've actually sent Google an email requesting that they sponsor a open source google project to provide this kind of utility/service. Not that they will respond, but with their band-width and internet clout, I figured it couldn't hurt...
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    I've actually sent Google an email requesting that they sponsor a open source google project to provide this kind of utility/service. Not that they will respond, but with their band-width and internet clout, I figured it couldn't hurt...
    I'll email them too; mine would be something like:

Dear Google:

You already know how often my gran sends me email, what I will be doing next thursday, what the weather is like where I live, when I post to my blog, what stock prices I track, and what I search for after the wife's gone to bed.
    Do you have a service that allows you to predict what sh*te I will be watching tonight? Sign me up!!

Seriously, google is a great idea and they must have thought of it (imagine: reminders automatically posted on my google calendar, google desktop indexing my recordings by description, genre, etc., even -gasp - recommendations to youtube vids).. they must have thought of it; haven't they?
    Celeron D 2.53GHz, 1024MB
    120GB, 160GB int, 80GB, 250GB ext, 40GB lan HDDs
    PVR-150 retail, 1 wired MVP, 1 wireless MVP, OFA URC-8910 Remote
    Look for me on XBox Live!

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    *Note: If anyone knows how to do this programmatically c# (or vb) in a way other than string.replace, please let me know or at least point me in the right direction. I'm hoping there is a way to convert character sets.
    Would ordinary regular expressions work?
    GBPVR v1.0.16 | Comskip | SportsScores | Weather | I-XmlTV

Server: Tyan Thunder h1000E | 2 x Opteron 2210 | 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 ECC
    LSI MegaRAID 300-8X SATA RAID
    1x 73GB SCSI @ 10K RPM (OS)
    3x 500GB SATA @ 7.2K RPM (RAID 5) (4 Partitions: Docs, Still Pics, Home Movies, Music)
    2x 160GB IDE @ 7.2K RPM (RAID 0) (Recordings)
    Hauppauge HVR-1600

Client: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H | Athlon x2 5000+ BE | 2GB PC-6400 DDR2
    1x 320GB SATA @ 7.2K RPM
    Antec NSX2480 Case
    MCE Remote

A GoogleTV scheduler sounds like a good idea but they'll need some way to display ads. Perhaps just collecting the info would be sufficient for them, tho. They seem to be into everything else. The university where I work has out-sourced all the student email, calendering, etc. to Google. Not a bad deal, actually. Google gets 50,000+ new users and the university doesn't have to run an email system for the students. Most of them are already into Google anyway, so they're happy.

Back on topic, I was looking at TitanTV and it's actually not bad as a guide. If you register with them you can customize it pretty much like the zap2it listings.

Another interesting feature is that it can schedule recordings in your PVR software, at least for their 'PVR partners'. It puts a little icon in each program to click on. When clicked on, it sends a little xml file to your browser that (I assume) a plug-in would grab and process. Perhaps, a plug-in could be built that would take the little xml file and schedule the recording in GB-PVR. That way, there wouldn't be any need to download megabytes of data every night, just schedule directly from the TitanTV web page. Perhaps a web browser GB-PVR plug-in could be written (if it doensn't already exist...I'm not really up on all the plug-ins) that could display the TitanTV listing page in GB-PVR to handle it.

As an example of the xml file, here's one it sent to me:

<tv-program-info version="1.0">
    <program>
    <station>KAETDT</station>
    <tv-mode>digital</tv-mode>
    <program-title>Nova</program-title>
    <episode-title>Bone Diggers</episode-title>
    <program-description>An expedition into a cavern located in the Australian outback finds complete skeletons of the Thylacoleo, a marsupial lion that died out some 30,000 to 50,000 years ago; and the remains of a giant kangaroo.</program-description>
    <start-date>20070623</start-date>
    <start-time>22:00</start-time>
    <end-date>20070623</end-date>
    <end-time>23:00</end-time>
    <duration>01:00</duration>
    <rf-channel>29</rf-channel>
    <psip-major>8</psip-major>
    <psip-minor>1</psip-minor>
    <stream-number>1</stream-number>
    </program>
    </tv-program-info>

Looks like it has the necessary info to schedule a recording. It comes down as a 'tvpi' file.

Anyway, yet another suggestion...

If it's already been thought of...well...never mind...