Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XSuite beta version

Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    I uploaded a new beta of XRecord. In the current build, XRecord will now recognize when it's running on a client ...
    fla, I tried it las night, but still no play button on my client?
    How can I help you troubleshoot it?

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

I uploaded a new beta version of XRecord that will enable the play button on the client but XRecord uses PlayVideoFile which was known to have problems in client mode in older gbpvr versions. A workaround is posted here so let me know if it doesn't play and I'll implement the workaround.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

I uploaded a new beta version of XRecord that will enable the play button on the client but XRecord uses PlayVideoFile which was known to have problems in client mode in older gbpvr versions. A workaround is posted here so let me know if it doesn't play and I'll implement the workaround.
    Thanks fla I do have a Play Button now but it does not play, at least not in file sharing .. Recordings (native gbpvr is OK). Oddly streaming locked up every time, was terrible in -fse mode, I had to Ctrl-Alt-del to get out ...

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Sorry to hear it failed so painfully. On my dev system it just gave me a Zonealarm popup and then the xrecord client would return to the menu without playing anything but without crashing (long shot but check firewall issues). My dev system is current but my main gbpvr system is at gbpvr 0.96. I'll give the workaround a try as soon as I can. I was hoping having a current gbpvr on the server would fix it for you. You can follow the PlayVideoFile on client issue here.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

Sorry to hear it failed so painfully. On my dev system it just gave me a Zonealarm popup and then the xrecord client would return to the menu without playing anything but without crashing (long shot but check firewall issues). My dev system is current but my main gbpvr system is at gbpvr 0.96. I'll give the workaround a try as soon as I can. I was hoping having a current gbpvr on the server would fix it for you. You can follow the PlayVideoFile on client issue here.
    fla, no biggie and no hurry. I know you're doing the best you can, when you can. I'm not going to die if it doesn' t work.

k.

I implemented the workaround and I can now play from the client even with my mismatched gbpvr versions (the recordings directory must be shared). I also fixed the "Scheduler" screen so that the PriorityRecordings.xml file that you view/edit in client mode is the one on the server.

The new beta version was uploaded to the wiki.

Deleted my (obsolete) zapdb.db3 file today and started getting errors in XGuide. Uploaded a new beta version of XSuite to the wiki where XGuide won't fail when zapdb.db3 is missing and the skin is configured with metadata=true. This bug (including workaround) has been reported before in this thread. I still haven't integrated the Schedules Direct stuff since I don't have a SD account yet but this fix should help with the SD stuff when I get around to it since its similar to zaptools.

I've made the leap to 1.16 on my main PVR. I've been trying to get XRecord working, but I'm coming up with an error. Has anyone else seen this? I have the patched GBPVRBackendCommon.dll for SD EPG access. (Legacy GBPVR.exe; still using PVR-350 TV-out.)

HD PVR: nPVR 3.2.9 with NEWA 2.13/VLC 2.1.5 Std Skin
    Intel LGA 1155 H67/i5-2400 SB 3.1GHz with HDMI-out, 8GB PC3-10666, Win7 Ultimate x64, Hauppauge Colossus, 1x250GB SSD (System), 1x1TB SATA (Recordings), DirecTV HD22 STB, dtvTune.exe Ethernet channel changer

RaspBMC Client: RaspBMC rpi-3.6.11 kernel (based on Frodo 12.2) Std Skin
    Raspberry Pi B, MPEG-2 & VC-1 licenses, 8GB class 6 SD, AdaFruit USB WiFi, Flirc USB receiver

I was getting something similar, but reinstalling xrecord seemed to fix it.
    Server--AthlonXP 2100+ \ PVR150MCE \ HVR1600 x2
    Client 1--Athlon64 3200+
    Client 2--Athlon64 3700+
    Client 3--Turion64x2 1.9 laptop

Thanks for your answer, agidius. I tried to reinstall XRecord and I got the same error. I totally uninstalled GB-PVR, deleted the directory, reinstalled GB-PVR 1.16 and the latest XRecord, but the plugin disappeared from the main menu after trying to re-install. I've totally backed out of version 1.x, and gone back to v0.99.12 on my main system. xRecord now works brilliantly.

I've been one of the lucky sods who has had the hardware TV-out of the PVR-350 working from day 1 with GB-PVR (3+ years). I'll stay with what works better than any software decoding I've tested and tried. That said, I'll keep contributing to Sub, as I have annually, for the brilliant PVR he's created.

PVRx2 looks awesome, and I'll still use it on my client system, but the decoding still doesn't match PVR-350s output.

HD PVR: nPVR 3.2.9 with NEWA 2.13/VLC 2.1.5 Std Skin
    Intel LGA 1155 H67/i5-2400 SB 3.1GHz with HDMI-out, 8GB PC3-10666, Win7 Ultimate x64, Hauppauge Colossus, 1x250GB SSD (System), 1x1TB SATA (Recordings), DirecTV HD22 STB, dtvTune.exe Ethernet channel changer

RaspBMC Client: RaspBMC rpi-3.6.11 kernel (based on Frodo 12.2) Std Skin
    Raspberry Pi B, MPEG-2 & VC-1 licenses, 8GB class 6 SD, AdaFruit USB WiFi, Flirc USB receiver