Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gmail Plugin version 1.7

cannot log in

hey...installed v1.7 after upgrading to 1.0.16 and i can't seem to access my gmail acct's anymore.

here are the relevant log entries (email address removed)

Code:
    2007-09-17 23:06:44.859	VERBOSE	[1]	Gmail Plugin: Switching current account to 'XXXXXX@gmail.com'
    2007-09-17 23:06:44.875	INFO	[1]	Gmail Plugin: Refreshing accounts
    2007-09-17 23:06:44.875	VERBOSE	[8]	Gmail Plugin: Attempting to connect to gmail feed for account 'XXXXXXX@gmail.com'
    2007-09-17 23:06:44.890	VERBOSE	[1]	Gmail Plugin: Checking for updates...
    2007-09-17 23:06:45.062	VERBOSE	[1]	Gmail Plugin: No updates available
    2007-09-17 23:06:48.343	ERROR	[8]	Gmail Plugin: Unable to connect to gmail feed after 6 attempts!
    2007-09-17 23:06:48.343	ERROR	[8]	System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
       at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
       at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
       at GmailPlugin.GmailFeedParser.Parse()

It's complaining about your username/password. Try deleting your account in the config app and then adding it again - the stored password may have become corrupt.

Hmm, tried that but still isn't working

So I deleted all 3 gmail accts, saved config, open the config, re-entered my primary acct -- and it still complains in the same way. I'm sure i'm typing the username/password correctly. I've also tried the username with, and without, the @gmail.com -- when it worked previously I didn't have that, but I saw a post by you suggesting that might need to be added, and so I tried it, but still no dice.

This is a development that has happened since I upgraded to a post v1.0??? version of GBPVR and since installing Gmail plugin v1.7

Any ideas?

Yes, it normally needs the full email (incl the @gmail.com or whatever). Since re-entering the username and password do you still get the same error in the log 404 unauthorised error? (want to check its not a different one now).

It's worth checking your firewall as the executable has changed from gbpvr.exe to pvrx2.exe so you may have to allow access etc.

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Yes, it normally needs the full email (incl the @gmail.com or whatever). Since re-entering the username and password do you still get the same error in the log 404 unauthorised error? (want to check its not a different one now).
    actually, it's been a 401 unauthorized error, but yes, it's remained the same.

It's worth checking your firewall as the executable has changed from gbpvr.exe to pvrx2.exe so you may have to allow access etc.
    after my last post i had this thought and checked, but alas, both are fully allowed.

i'm stumped.

What happens if you log out of Gmail/Google Accounts using your web browser and then go to https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom and enter your username/password?

This is the atom feed (similar to RSS) that the plugin uses to check your emails. It is the same as the one used by Google Notifier.

What happens if you log out of Gmail/Google Accounts using your web browser and then go to https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom and enter your username/password?
    it seems to like it -- accepts my user/pass credentials. says there are new messages in my account, although that's not necessarily true. i think that means there are msgs in my inbox, but not necessarily "new" (as in unread) msgs. i remember that from when i went about writing my own gmail plugin a few years ago.

Stumped

Yes, it does tend to show messages in strange ways.

I noticed your a S.E from your profile page. If you PM me your email address I can send you the source code for 1.7 and you can have a play with it if you want to. It's just a C# VS2005 project.

edit: I've just put the source for 1.7 on the wiki: http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/Gmail
    Last edited by McBainUK; 2007-09-20 at 08:45 AM.