Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: To All Developers...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted the Penguin View Post
    just a question about the list (since ubustream has a dozen pages) can you make a sub-directory for a plugin, and the pages in that directory wont show up on the list?
    No, but we can still filter those out, see Plugin/Plugin#toc8

    This makes me think that we should perhaps have a specific naming convention for multipages that include a "special" character, perhaps '-', i.e. UbuStream-Configure, UbuStream-DynamicDates?

    This would mean that pages including '-' will not show up in the lists. What do you think?

    (Don't rename the already existing pages, this is just my thoughts on new ones.)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted the Penguin View Post
    but there are probably a few in the 0.99.05 list that could be moved to the 0.99.12 list. I already did a few that I was sure about but when I realized the enormity of the task... I just decided to make a list
    Please don't move (or delete any category tags), just add the new category!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nl
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    I believe ContourHC is one of those, but I am not sure.

    I usually gave a 6 month window of not seeing an update or support request answered before I tagged as Unsupported.
    Unfortunately the ContourHC skin appears to be unsupported according to your criteria. I think the latest update is from 18-03-2006.
    That's a pity, because I think it is still quite popular especially with MVP users. I remember having done a.o. a few tweaks on the wheather skin to get the timestamps display with the maps.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA (Metrowest actually)
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by blader_se View Post
    No, but we can still filter those out, see Plugin/Plugin#toc8

    This makes me think that we should perhaps have a specific naming convention for multipages that include a "special" character, perhaps '-', i.e. UbuStream-Configure, UbuStream-DynamicDates?

    This would mean that pages including '-' will not show up in the lists. What do you think?

    (Don't rename the already existing pages, this is just my thoughts on new ones.)
    that sounds good to me, would probably help clean things up, and make it easier
    Quote Originally Posted by blader_se View Post
    Please don't move (or delete any category tags), just add the new category!
    ok, I can go back and just add the categories, also, for some plugins it might make sense to include the last .net1.1 build, and a download (in that nifty header section )

    Quote Originally Posted by pz1 View Post
    Unfortunately the ContourHC skin appears to be unsupported according to your criteria. I think the latest update is from 18-03-2006.
    That's a pity, because I think it is still quite popular especially with MVP users. I remember having done a.o. a few tweaks on the wheather skin to get the timestamps display with the maps.
    you can go ahead and update the skin yourself, I have never used it, but if there is not alot of graphical work in it then it should be pretty easy to maintain. that is pretty much what I did with sassari, except I actually got the PSD files from dottore, so I can make a few more advanced changes. just try to get in contact with the original author, and see if they care if you take it over
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,105
    I think the word Unsupported by itself is taken out of context. It might easily mean: "do not use, 'cause no one will help you with it".

    Perhaps "NotMaintained"

    Of course that means more updating. I tried to add the definition of (or what we man by) 'Unsupported' on the wiki main pages.

    Maybe its just me and all the years of phone support where 'Unsupported' meant, 'this company ain't gonna help you with that problem'...
    Frank Z

    I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...
    ______________________________________________
    Author: ZTools: ZProcess, MVPServerChecker; UltraXMLTV Enhancer, Renamer, Manager;


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by zehd View Post
    I think the word Unsupported by itself is taken out of context. It might easily mean: "do not use, 'cause no one will help you with it".
    I've always thought about unsupported as "use it at own risk, 'cause no one will help you with it", with the added meaning that "If you like to make it up-to-date and maintain it - please do".

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,526
    Unsupported is the correct context for those plugins. IMHO.

    Don't know if "NotMaintained" wouldn't imply the same thing "do not use, 'cause no one will help you with it".


    No support offered, use at own risk. That type of thing.

    I guess you could tag Obsolete for plugins/skins that stopped working with a certain release (There are very few that fall into this category)
    Fatman_do

    HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver



    Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,526
    I don't know if it had been mentioned in these threads, but sub would like all the old incompatible stuff removed from the side menu.
    Fatman_do

    HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver



    Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do
    but sub would like all the old incompatible stuff removed from the side menu.
    I would also like that. I don't think there's too many people using the old access database as well. Perhaps plugins that don't work with that need to be more obvious or something.
    Dan Blomberg
    HTPC 1: MSI K8NGM2-FID, AMD 64 3000+, WD 200gb HDD, 1gb ram, NSK2400, PVR-500, Harmony 659
    HTPC 2: ASUS M2NPV-VM, AMD 64 3200+, WD 250gb HDD, 1gb ram, nVidia DualTV MCE, NSK2400, Harmony 720
    HTPC 3: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H GeForce 9400, Intel E5200 Wolfdale, WD 640gb HDD, 4gb ram, Antec Fusion 2, HVR-1600, hdhomerun, Harmony 880, PCH A-110
    GBPVR 1.4.7 Additions: Weather2, UltraXMLTV, Comskip
    Project: Setup Logitech Harmony Remote

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA (Metrowest actually)
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    I guess you could tag Obsolete for plugins/skins that stopped working with a certain release (There are very few that fall into this category)
    thats probably gonna change soon
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •