Thread: Twinhan ATSC BDA error after install

Twinhan ATSC BDA error after install

I have just installed a Twinhan ATSC card and am now getting "Failed to locate configured BDA capture device" when trying to watch tv. I have previously used a HVR950 on this machine for atsc without problems. I have attached the filtercheck file. Any ideas?

Did you set the device number correctly? Since you've only got one of these devices, it should be device #1.

It is set to #1.

Can you zip and attach your logs so I can see exactly where the error is occurring?

Here are my logs. It looks like I can record, just not do livetv.

It doesnt seem to be complaining about your Twinhan ATSC device. The error is about your other device:

2007-05-15 23:54:53.343 VERBOSE FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: WinTV HVR-980 BDA Tuner
    2007-05-15 23:54:53.343 ERROR Failed to find BDA tuner filter: WinTV HVR-980 BDA Tuner
    I'm guessing you dont have the HVR950 attached, but still have the capture source listed? Recordings and live tv use the capture source list in the opposite order which is why you're only seeing this with live tv.

Yes, the hvr-950 (i.e. 980) is not attached but still listed. Do I need to remove it from the list? I would prefer not to since I may occasionally plug it in when I want to do multiple recordings (moving it from another system), but I obviously will if this is the required fix. Thanks.

Do I need to remove it from the list?
    Yes. If you have a device listed as a capture source, then it expects that device to be present when it needs to use it. It wont detect it is not available and automatically look for another device.

Removed the hvr-950 from the list. Everything seems to work now. As always, thanks a lot sub!

Great.