Thread: Using USB-UIRT with Redeye translator

Hybrid View

Hello,

I am having some trouble controlling my set top box (pace 4000) with usb-uirt.

I have a red-eye translator on the stb so that I can use my pronto learning remote with it.

What do I need to configure to allow gbpvr to send the correct signals through usb-uirt to control channel changing?

At the moment, if I send channel 144 to the stb , it seems to receive more than 3 commands and ends up on 4 or 44 - invalid channels...

Do I need to get Girder? Or can I just edit the "PACE NTL box.dat" file in the usb-uirt directory?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cal.

Try going into the settings for the USB-UIRT plugin, and learn a new device. Follow the instructions which prompt you through learning each key.

If this newly learn't signal does work intially, you may want to try selecting the 'Use three digit channel numbers'. Otherwise you could try using the forum search facility to search for "InterCodeDelay".

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I had tried this before posting. When I add new device, it zips through at high speed telling me to point my remote at the redeye too fast to actually follow!

It says "Point etc" but before I can even read the rest, it says "Release the button". It goes like this for each number. When it's finished, it says "Learning complete" when I have not sent it any signals!

Is there a way to slow this process down to human speed?

Thanks,
    Cal

I've never seen it happen myself, but I have seen someone describe this in the past. It usually doesnt proceed to the next step until its successfully learnt the key (as you describe, normal human speed).

I cant remember the outcome, but it may just be a matter of making sure no other IR source is visible to the USB-UIRT. You'd be surprised what generates IR signals. Anyway, if you search you'll find info on this. It was raised in the past, and a resolution described.

Can I also suggest that if you continue to have trouble, you contact Jon at USB-UIRT ( via the forum). The support there is great, and I'm sure it's a solvable problem.

( I'm happily using mine with an ntl Pace 2000 box, which is even more problematic)

Dave ><
    Shuttle SN41G2V2 (Sharkoon SL1 Fan)
    AMD Atlon 3000+ (Barton)
    Samsung Spinpoint 160GB
    IGb Crucial Ram DDR 3200
    PVR 350
    NEC 3500 DVD
    XP Home
    GB-PVR
    USB-UIRT

Yes, I have unfortunately continued to have trouble and I have left a query on that forum.

Thanks for the help.

Cal.