Thread: No video when watching live tv

No video when watching live tv

Hi all,

My problems all stared last night when my missus accidentally leaned on the b/tooth keyboard whilst watching a divx movie through an older version of gbpvr. I dont know what she pressed, but it really buggered up the sound of watching videos through gbpvr - music sounded fine.

Anyway, I checked the usual volume controls and nothing was obviously wrong, so I went about uninstalling ac3filter etc, but no improvement. I figured something must be wrong with gbpvr, so uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version - still I had the audio problem... After doing quite a bit of searching, I found the registry volume fix (well deleting the last volume), and the audio was fixed!

Whilst checking out the latest gbpvr software, I tried to test the livetv function, but I got a blank screen. I've only got Sky TV as a tv service (no external arial), so I've set this up in the config with the following settings:

Capture Card: Hauppauge PVR 150
    recording source: Direct Recording Plugin
    Board Number: Capture device #1
    Source: Composite, External Tuner

I can hear the tv audio, but get no picture.

Can anyone suggest what I could be doing wrong? I've got the following codecs / software installed: ffdshow, Divx codec, xvid codec, ac3filter.

Many thanks
    Sach

Zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

Log fils attached.

Thanks for your help.

Its something to do with the directshow decoders on your machine, but hard to tell exactly what from the logs. Either the intervideo and/or ffdshow decoders most likely.

I'm guessing its something to do with the setting of ffdshow. Try disabling it if you can, or try a different decoder.

I reinstalled WinDVD and all appears to be fixed again! Now I can enjoy the improvements in the latest version of GBPVR, which looks great by the way!

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Sach

P.S. one other bugbear I have is with the remote control. Is there a way of configuring the remote buttons? At the moment, when I press the power on button it brings up the WinTV software - it would be great to have this button configured to run gbpvr.exe. Thanks.

You might want to read this:
    http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manual/RemoteControl

I think you have to pick your remote in gbpvr-config-dvd&remote.
    Then restart your ir32.exe (there might be link in your startup-folder)
    goodluck.
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.

You will need to edit the irremote.ini file to make changes in how the remote behaves if you are using the Hauppauge remote that came with your pvr150.

In the irremote.ini file which is in your windows dir, there are a couple sections of interest. One is [Default] and the other is [GB-PVR]
    The section called [GB-PVR] defines all of the remote keys that gbpvr needs.
    The [Default] section defines what to do when no application is running with focus that the ir32.exe program can recognize.
    The buttons you are talking about are in the [Default] section. If you want you can remote there definitions and restart the ir32.exe program.
    Make a backup of the irremote.ini. If you muck it up, it can be hard to figure out where it is messed up.
    Search on the forum for irremote.ini. There is more info. I believe I posted a link to a good doc on the internals of the irremote.ini file.
    GBpvr PC: Intel Celeron 1.8 Ghz. 768 Mb WinXp Home Sp2
    Video: Diamond 128 Mb 9550
    Capture Cards: PVR-150 & PVR-150 MCE w/fm + 2x MVP
    Author of: BurnDVDX2 and Skiptool