Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hauppauge 34 button remote

Hauppauge 34 button remote

Hi, I'm new to GB-PVR. I previously used SageTV with the zap2it listings a couple years back. I have recently setup again using GB-PVR and am quite impressed. I have a pvr-250 and the included remote as well as a USB-UIRT for channel changing.
    I cannot figgure out the controls on the remote. Some work, some dont, few work as per the settings in the documentation found HERE. I have the silver 34 button remote, can i change or add controls, or should I try setting it to the 45 button remote in the config?
    Thanks

What exactly is not working?

Hi sub, thanks for the reply.

The power button does nothing, the green and blue buttons seem to move the guide up and down one page, where the manual says that the channel up and down are supposed to do this. Entering a time and pushing skip forward >| does nothing when watching a recording of any sort. The go button brings up the half guide when watching tv. The full button works and the pause button work. The red button does nothing, the yellow button brings up the info when watching live tv, as does the blue button, the green button brings it up but turns it green? Not sure if this starts recording or what, couldnt find any explanation.
    Its just not exactly as per the documentation, wondering what I am doing wrong here. Also is there a way to map aspect ratio to the hauppauge remote?

Thanks

The power button does nothing,
    The power button isnt supposed to do anything by default. To make it do something, some people go and set <DefaultPluginPower>Shut Down</DefaultPluginPower> in config.xml and install the shut down plugin. This isnt normal though.

the green and blue buttons seem to move the guide up and down one page, where the manual says that the channel up and down are supposed to do this.
    The channel up/down buttons only do that on remotes that have separate CH+/- buttons (45 button remote, MCE remote etc). The Hauppauge 34 button remote is pretty limited and shares these button with the up/down navigation buttons, which are already used for another feature. Blue/green buttons are provided for just this reason.

Entering a time and pushing skip forward >| does nothing when watching a recording of any sort.
    I'm not aware of any problems that would cause this, but reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

The go button brings up the half guide when watching tv.
    Yes

The full button works and the pause button work.
    'pause' use depends where you are at the time. Reproduce the problem, and zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

red button does nothing, the yellow button brings up the info when watching live tv, as does the blue button, the green button brings it up but turns it green?
    The red button is used for teletext, which isnt broadcast in the US. The blue button shows the current show info. Yellow is used for subtitles (teletext subtitles or DVB subtitles or DVD subtitles). The green button shows the 'mini-guide', which allows you to press up/down (or channel #) to check what shows are currently airing on other channels without commiting to changing channels until you press 'enter/ok'

OK great....that all makes sense. In regards to the skip forward feature when watching a recorded program....when I press numbers nothing shows up on the screen. Should they show up top left corner like when changing channels via number entry?

when I press numbers nothing shows up on the screen. Should they show up top left corner like when changing channels via number entry?
    No, nothing is shown on the screen.

OK, thanks for the reply..... BTW on another note i LOVE comskip, works flawlessly.....

to make sure im doing this correctly, if im watching a recorded show, and I want to skip to 15 minutes in i press 15 then skip or 1500 then skip ( >| ) Ive tried this and nothing happens. Also, is there a way to catch up to a currently recording show? If i skip a bunch of times to catch up it usually freezes, or if i do catch up the current play time is a few seconds, up to a few minutes off. I tried catching up to a currently recording hockey game yesterday and this was the result. There must be an easier way.

Sorry, I got it........i press 10 then skip, it skips 10 minutes, i press 20 then skip it skips 20 minutes. THANKS no need to reply

Sorry for bringing this thread back to the top, but is there any way to map F7 to the red button on the hauppauge remote? Can i do this with GBPVR or do I need girder?

Take a look in the c:\windows\irremote.ini file. Its pretty self-explanitory. Edit the definition of the red key in the [GB-PVR] section.