Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Graph and TVPI external recorder beta

Sound

I see the issue with sound - its not that it reset - the filter for the mixer in a graph does not allow you to enable/disable inputs on the mixer. It just takes whatever is exisitng - so if you have another application or you change the mixer yourself it will be reflected when the graph plays.

Oddly enough you can't use the direct show class to easily control a mixer - i see the for the software recorder norman included another lib for that - I will see if it is easy to add to the graphRecorder,

CV

I posted this in the thread re. the Software Recorder also and was wondering how I can create a graph for the All-in-Wonder Radeon that can be saved and used as input for this plugin?

Thanks,
    -Topper

This page has many examples for ATI cards -

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33792569

osrry been away

sorry been away for so long, now really ill...gonna be out a few more weeks still...
    yea, those mixers have lots of people going in circles in all programming languages..you'd think they'd be one of the simpler things to implement..but just look at vista...even worse..lol
    it's probably easiest with the mci commands...and with sound cards all having different names for the ins and outs..a nightmare..

so yea, his lib is probably easiest and most compatible..
    thanx for all the work..
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

Thanks for the link carpeVideo! I downloaded GraphEdit and played with it a bit. I basically went through all Filters and added whichever ones were installed on the computer and whichever ones made 'logical' sense to me that might play a role in audio and video rendering for the AIW Radeon. I did make a graph (unfortunately didn't capture screenshot) and when I clicked "Play", the software hung . I was able to continue using other apps, but only way to get out of GraphEdit was to restart the computer. Trying to kill GraphEdit in task manager gave an "Cannot kill process. Access is denied" error message.

I assumed GE didn't work because of my inexperience. However, it was interesting that the application hanging, unable to kill the process using Task Manager, etc was similar to what I was seeing when using GBPVR with the Software Encoder plugin. I also downloaded ProcessExplorer tool from Sysinternals to try and see the dependant dlls being used by GE and it indicated the ATI WDM Specialized Codec (or something to that effect) may be the reason the process could not be terminated.

Will try creating a graph again and maybe even post it to the link you provided above and here in case someone can give some pointers of what I should try different. But do you have any suggestions to minimize screwups before I try to create a graph again?

Thanks,
    -Topper

I'll try to post my s-video and tuning graph -

In the meantime - there are two easy ways to get examples that usually work to help you along,

Drop in the first 1 or 2 components (IE tuner -> crossbar) and right click on the output pins and hit render.

Or just open graph edit select render media file and pick an MPEG file - it will render with the current system default filters (read highest priority)

These are rendered so you'd need to delete the render part eventually and add in audio and video encoders, some sort of mux and the GBPVR file writer.

Once this is done I usually hit play, then look at the filesize in explorer, if it is growing I try to open it with VLC or mplayer to see if it is viewable. Then I might open it with GBPVR to see if GBPVR can render it as well.

Here are a couple more graph screen shots -

And PBS sorry to hear you are sick - I hope you get better soon,

CV

Quote Originally Posted by carpeVideo View Post
    Here are a couple more graph screen shots -

CV
    carpeVideo - Thanks for the graphs. Having played with it a bit now, GraphEdit does seem to be a pretty helpful tool, assuming one knows what they are doing. I think the reason I messed up my AIW card's graph was because I wasn't sure what the Crossbar or Multiplexer component do and may have ignored adding these from the "Insert Filter" list.

My understanding/assumption was that the tuner component would send its video/audio output to the corresponding input on the WDM component (which I believe would the OS level driver/layer sitting on top of the actual tuner hardware) and the WDM driver then routes the data to the appropriate software processor (Audio Encoder or Video Encoder). Would appreciate some clarification on the Crossbar/Multiplexer components and how they fit into the picture, or should i say, how they fit into the "Graph" .

I searched for online tutorials on using graphedit, but haven't found anything either in Google or on the Videohelp site.

Thanks in advance for any input,
    -Topper

A crossbar just routes from input to output -
    So for example video typically can be line-in, tuner, or s-video with the crossbar you choose which. Audio can be similar.

In my case I don't use the tuner cards Audio so I set the crossbar to grab s-video and use my sound cards line in for audio.

Each must be "captured" (video into a bitmap I guess and audio to a sample) then encoded into some form of digital data stream (mpeg2 in my case) then since they are encoded seperately they must be put back together to save in a file (Muxed).

Rendering means to actually show it on the screen which does not need encoding - so you can go from a capture right to a rendering device (Preview Mode). If it has been previously encoded to a file it will need demuxing and decoding.

Other than that you kind of have to play to see what works - graphedit can render a pin for you and tells you when pin's can't connect to each other but just because things connect doesn't mean it is right.

GraphEdit really was meant for debugging but it is still a nice way to do more.

GraphRecorder V .095 release

Ok - here is the latest -

It forces any mixer in the graph to the input you check (note that the config does not load the graph so it gives you all typical options including some that may not be available on your card). It turns out this was easier than I thought I didn't need the directShow.net libs.

Also if you create a preview Graph that ends at the capture pins preview may work. (Still some debugging here but I got it to work with analog RF preview).

CV