Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Media MVP stuck on "contacting servers"

I have got the gbpvr service running fine on my computer, I can record programs and view them from the computer. I cannot get GBPVR to come up on the Media MVP box on my tv though.

It gets stuck on the "contacting servers" phase of boot up. I do have GBPVR running as a service. I can get the Hauppauge software to come up on Media MVP and I can even watch shows that GBPVR has recorded on my TV though the Media MVP.

I am running windows xp service pack 2 with firewall disabled. How do I get the Media MVP to boot GBPVR?

I am running .227. I uninstalled .238 thinking that that might have been my problem.

I did a search of the forums for "contacting server" but that didn't get me any answers. How can I get it to boot?

Thanks,

Javalina

When you disable the original MVP software you need to have a DHCP server so the MVP can get an IP address, the rest is handled by GBPVR. Most people use a cable/DSL router for thier DHCP services.

I am able to ping the Media MVP device. It has been given 192.168.1.11 When I unplug the power from the device the pings time out. When I plugged the Media MVP back in I get "Contacting MediaMVP Bootserver" instead of "contacting server" What am I missing here?

I am guessing that the change in message is the MediaMVP trying to load a rom image. Am I shutting down too much of the Hauppauge software?

Thanks,

Javalina

moved...

Go into the config program under playback and make sure you have the number of MVP servers to start set to 1 instead of 0.
    GB-PVR - ShowAnalyzer
    Server 2003 - 4 tuners
    1 TeraByte of disk space
    4 MVPs

I am having the exact same issue. The MVP server to start is set to 1. I have a DHCP server on the network. But the MVP keeps saying "contacting bootserver", then "contacting DHCP server", then "contacting bootserver" ... forever.

As soon as I start the happauge software, it works. Then everything works afterwards as long as I don't reboot MVP.

I'm having the same problem, but mine just started happening after installing the latest version (2.3.11). The last version didn't have this problem...

Lerxst

Stop the Hauppauge MVP software
    Change the GB-PVR config to auto start 'zero' servers.
    Click Start -> Program -> GB-PVR -> GB-PVR MediaMVP Server
    Wait 30 seconds, then email c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\gbpvr.exe.log

MVP works fine for a while for me but then switches to 'contacting servers' and never comes back. There isn't anything in particular that I'm doing that seems to cause it. I used to think that GBPVR interface running on the CPU at the same time had something to do with it so I tried the GBPVR server without it. Same thing. If I shut down the server and restart it it works again for a while. Resetting the recording service does nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Reproduce the problem them email the log to me at support@devnz.com