Thread: Video detection

Video detection

I have an external tuner, and some times I forget to leave it on.

Is there any way check for a video signal (blank), and have girder, or a batch file, turn on my reciever?

Thanks

No there isnt.

I used to have this problem. I use HIP, which can schedule stuff to run on resuming from standby, so i had it sending the command for switching the STB box on whenever the PVR came out of standby. If girder has the scheduler function, you could try this as a sort-of workaround. It worked fine for me.

depending on how girder receives the channel change request from GBPVR, maybe you could also send the 'ON' IR command with every channel change request?
    Building PVR-Only Machine for non-tech Uncle and Aunt:

Celeron 2.4, 1gig ram. Insight P4-ITX (mini-itx) mobo, 250w Shuttle silent PSU, slmline DVD rewriter, 40gig system HDD, 150gig Media HDD, Dual Riser holding Hauppauge PVR 350 and Nova-T, along with Nova-T USB2. MCE Remote 2005. Antique Art-Deco Radio for use as case when uncle finds one...

Time for a brew first though

Quote Originally Posted by ricklous View Post
    I used to have this problem. I use HIP, which can schedule stuff to run on resuming from standby, so i had it sending the command for switching the STB box on whenever the PVR came out of standby. If girder has the scheduler function, you could try this as a sort-of workaround. It worked fine for me.

depending on how girder receives the channel change request from GBPVR, maybe you could also send the 'ON' IR command with every channel change request?
    My box uses the same IR for on and off... I thought about that too.. i could throw together a small circuit that plugs into the parallel port, that would hook into the reciever (its out of warrentee anyways), to switch it on, when the power light is not on.. I was hoping for something a little more elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
    My box uses the same IR for on and off... I thought about that too.. i could throw together a small circuit that plugs into the parallel port, that would hook into the reciever (its out of warrentee anyways), to switch it on, when the power light is not on.. I was hoping for something a little more elegant.
    Are you positive it uses same IR for on and off? many devices will have all the combination (toggle, on, off), whereas only subset will be present on a given remote. You can try investigate this from the Harmony remote DB.

Sometimes, a workaround is that there are other commands which will switch on (like the button "Play" on many DVD players).
    * Rogers Analog Cable [Canada]
    * Hauppauge WintTV PVR USB2
    * IBM Thinkpad T42 / 1GB Mem / Centrino 1.6Ghz / 60GB HD / ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 + VGA/DVI out
    * MCE Remote + Keyboard
    * Win XP SP2 / GBPVR [Latest version. always]
    * Pioneer HDTV via VGA (1360x768)
    * MS Remote Keyboard
    * Logitech Harmony 880 [via MS Remote Control Reciever]

I've looked for this harmony remote database, with no luck. Any ideas where i can find this info?

Thanks