Thread: Streaming problems with EWA

Streaming problems with EWA

I am running GBPVR 99.5 and Build 54 of EWA. I have a cable connection with Comcast. 6Mbps Download and 384Kbps upload. I have installed VLC on the server and used the default install configuration. I have tried to stream from the office. The web stream player pops up and I launch the external player which give me the opportunity to open stream.vlc with vlc.vlc. The player pops up. Nothing happens so I hit the play button on the VLC server controls and/or the player itself. The player is playing, but no picture then it displayes the play button again ready to play....I then stop the server stream. If I try to play, the VLC player pops up and I can see what looks like the 1st frame of the show. I wait and wait, and nothing else happens. So, I select to download...When I save to disk I can see that I am downloading at about 50k/sec. Really slow in my estimation. I have given up with that. So, in looking through the posts I find a configuration setup that should work. I have even set the scale to .25. No luck.

The only thing I can think to do right now is to try to tweek the setting on the Windows 2000 box that GBPVR is running on.

Any ideas? I have no problem administering, but would really like to view from the office.

Thanks

I figured it out. Port 7647 and 7648 need to be open VLC uses port 7648 as a default. Obviously, if you change that port, you need to open up whatever it is you change it to.

Yep....got to have the correct ports open for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryfisher View Post
    ..When I save to disk I can see that I am downloading at about 50k/sec. Really slow in my estimation....
    Actually 50KB/s (mind, usually the download will show in Kilo BYTES), is right on the money, as your connection - 384Kbps - is 384 Kilo BITS.

384Kbps = (divide by 8) 48KB/s.
    * Rogers Analog Cable [Canada]
    * Hauppauge WintTV PVR USB2
    * IBM Thinkpad T42 / 1GB Mem / Centrino 1.6Ghz / 60GB HD / ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 + VGA/DVI out
    * MCE Remote + Keyboard
    * Win XP SP2 / GBPVR [Latest version. always]
    * Pioneer HDTV via VGA (1360x768)
    * MS Remote Keyboard
    * Logitech Harmony 880 [via MS Remote Control Reciever]