Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Web Cams 2 - Support Thread

Web Cams 2 - Support Thread

Please post all questions here, so not to hijack the Community Announcements thread. Remember to include version numbers and any relevant logs in your posts.

As always suggestions and comments very welcome.

Kind of a wishlist for web cams 2, it would be neat to watch livetv or a recording and have picture in picture with a web cam that you pick......

just a thought......

Thanks
    ĕŦŭр Ϊş Ǻś ǾĻŁǒЩ
    ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
    Intel Pentium 4 3.40GHz | 2Gb DDR Ram | ATI Radeon 9600 256Mb DDR | NZXT Trinity Black Tower | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Hauppauge PVR-350 And PVR-150MCE | 1.0 Tb Maxtor Storage | Gbpvr v1.3.11

Image Size

Is there a way in the skin of making the image size larger? I'm trying to skin for Sassari, but the image looks a bit small

<SpecialElement name="WebCam" loc="210,75" size="480,350"/>

This section in the skin file sets the size and location of the WebCam image.

Thats what I thought, it looks like its the original size of the jpg that is restricting the size on screen. Looks fine on normal 4:3 but small when on a 16:9 skin.

Yes, it only resizes the WebCam image if it is too big. This avoids distortion/scale issues.

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Yes, it only resizes the WebCam image if it is too big. This avoids distortion/scale issues.
    I never had a problem when it resized them up in the previous version.

Could it be made a config setting? Off by default, and manually turned on by people who had it working fine in old cams?

I'm split on which to use for now. I like the sizing-up in the old one, but like that you cache the image itself in the new one.

I will add 'upsize' as an option in a future version.

Note that there is no 'old version'. I made this one from scratch as the other WebCams plugin didn't work well for me and seems to be orphaned now.

I will add 'upsize' as an option in a future version.
    Thx...I think most cams are pretty standard dimensions, so the upsize will probably pretty safe for most.

Note that there is no 'old version'. I made this one from scratch as the other WebCams plugin didn't work well for me and seems to be orphaned now.
    Ah...k. Thx for taking this on then. I only assumed since you kept the familiar apperance (and that's appreciated). I was wondering why there was no CP all of the sudden.

Anyway, again, thx for working on this. I like the idea of not having the images in memory anymore.