Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live TV Crashes GBPVR v0.99.5

Live TV Crashes GBPVR v0.99.5

I have not used Live TV for some time (for at least 2 or 3 releases now). Anyways, while I was goofing around tonight with my PVR, I experience a GBPVR crash every time I try to play Live TV.

After testing various GBPVR settings, I managed to isolate the issue down which rendering method is selected.

When using VMR7 & VMR9, it works with Live TV, but playback is choppy and out of sync with the audio (which is pretty normal for my system). However I do need to use at least a 1 second delay on the Live TV Preplay Delay, in order for anything to happen. Less this this I get black screen & no audio.

When using Overlay Manager, the GBPVR app crashes every time. I never see a picture...
    However upon close inspection of the system after the crash, the recording service is still active and it leaves the tuner active. It remains this way until I manually run the Restart Recording Service option in the GBPVR tray app.

Testing various combinations in the Live Preview section of th GBPVR config app, as well as selecting to use Encoder Pass-Through for the Deinterlacing or not, does not change the outcome of the crash.

Since Overlay Manager is the only method I can use with this hardware (to obtain fluid playback), and since the Cyberlink 5/6 MPEG2 codecs are the only ones that can enable/use my mobo's video card MPEG2 hardware decoder, I'm hoping to find a way to fix this issue.

If fixing this issue is a lost cause, I'll simply leave it, since I never really use that feature anyways... But it would be great to have it working, should I ever want to use it...

In any case, attached are my GBPVR logs from this error situation, including my config.xml file (with only with the Web Admin's username/password changed for PVR security reasons) & a screenshot of the error screen.

* NOTE: The logs were pretty large, so I shut everything down, cleaned out the GBPVR logs, rebooted and then recreated the error condition, so the logs would be limited to only data that pertais to the error, in order to more easily debug the situation.

Any help that anyone can provide would be appreciated.
    PVR Specs: Intel D945GCLF2 [Atom 330], 2GB RAM RAM, 1TB SATAII HD, Hauppauge HVR1600, Lite-On 20X DVDRW, Small Mini-ITX case, Hauppauge MCE IR Remote/Blaster, DirecTV D12-500 STB -- Windows XP SP3, GBPVR v1.4.7, Official Hauppauge drivers & Intervideo Decoder, IR Server Suite, Wireless MediaMVP (for TV in bedroom).

Do you still have the deinterlacing setting set to the default 'encoder passthrough' or have you set it to something else?

I have tried both the "Encoder Pass-Through" and "None" Deinterlacing options. Both produce the exact same error result - GBPVR crashes when trying to do Live TV under Overlay Manager (while VMR7 & VMR9 both work, but not well).

Normally I leave that Deinterlacing option set to "Encoder Pass-Through".
    PVR Specs: Intel D945GCLF2 [Atom 330], 2GB RAM RAM, 1TB SATAII HD, Hauppauge HVR1600, Lite-On 20X DVDRW, Small Mini-ITX case, Hauppauge MCE IR Remote/Blaster, DirecTV D12-500 STB -- Windows XP SP3, GBPVR v1.4.7, Official Hauppauge drivers & Intervideo Decoder, IR Server Suite, Wireless MediaMVP (for TV in bedroom).

Can you post some log with it set to "Encoder Pass-Through"?

Sub,

Attached are my GBPVR logs from this error situation (with the "Encoder Pass-Through" option selected), including my config.xml file (with only with the Web Admin's username/password changed for PVR security reasons) & a screenshot of the error screen.

* NOTE: To keep the logs small, so I shut everything down, cleaned out the GBPVR logs, rebooted and then recreated the error condition, so the logs would be limited to only data which pertains to the error, in order for you to more easily debug the situation.

I'm not really sure. There is no obvious cause in the logs.

Do you get any error in the Windows Event Viewer when this happens? or possible a new file created in c:\windows\minidump?

I'll check the event viewer and see what I can find. However there is no minidump file or folder in c:\windows folder.

I also tried to reinstall my MPEG2 codecs & installed the most current version DirextX 9c to my PVR, but that has not helped any. I still get the exact same results. VMR7 & VMR9 work, but not well with Live TV. Overlay Manager crashes when trying to watch Live TV.

Anything else you can think of?

Ok, cleared the event viewer logs & reproduced the error. Upon review of the log data, there appears to be a .NET Runtime 2.0 Error. Appears ac3filter.ax is causing a problem. Enclosed is a exported copy of my PVR's application event log.

Suggestions?

Appears ac3filter.ax is causing a problem.
    Yep, I agree. Looking at that event log message it seems the error is occuring in the AC3Filter. Time to find a new audio decoder.

My codec pack offers several audio mixers/decoders & the ability to enable/disable them upon demand. As such, guess I will simply need to do trial and error, until I find the right combo which works best with my PVR. I'll keep you posted on how this goes. Also thanks for your time in helping me figure out the cause to this problem - its really appreciated. With this new info in hand, I think I can find a solution to this problem.