Thread: Teletext to xmltv

Hi,
    As I told a little while ago I've started programming a script to convert telektext program information into xmltv that can be imported by for instance gbpvr.

Well, version 0.8 is ready and can be downloaded *here.

Please note that it is still _very_rough_ and that you _have_to_read_the_readme_file! Some editing is required as described in the readme file. Also vtplus properly setup and running is required. Please note the names of the stations!

Known issues:
    -the titles may become very long in several cases. GBPVR cuts them.
    -there is no batchfile to run the process fully automatically. Please experiment first whether everything runs fine.

Sub, a question: how save is it to have gbpvr running and then execute the command "gbpvr -OnlyUpdateEPG" from somewhere else to update the EPG?

Greetings and fun with this tooly,
    MaBo
    ASUS pundit, pvr 350, celeron 2600, 512 MB, 160GB HD, winXP Pro, 12" touchscreen

You should be OK run "gbpvr -OnlyUpdateEPG" while GB-PVR is running. It may take a while for GB-PVR to pickup the listings have changed.

The archive appeared to be corrupt. That has been corrected. BTW version 0.9 is available within a few days.

Greetz,
    MaBo
    ASUS pundit, pvr 350, celeron 2600, 512 MB, 160GB HD, winXP Pro, 12" touchscreen

I look forward to trying this. I have a slight problem that i dont have an aerial at teh moment (run through an NTL box), but i hope to get an internal one and give this a try soon,

Matt