Thread: How to create my own channel/lineup

How to create my own channel/lineup

I have a PVR150 that is working successfully with a Satellite box into the Svideo input on the PVR150 card. I create a capture source called PVR150-S. I am using Zap2IT for the channel lineup. I added a video camera to the composite input and created a second capture source called PVR150-C. Two questions:

1. How do I create a channel such as 888 or 999 so I can view the composite/video camera via live tv? I don't want to pick xmltv or zap2it because there are no channels to download and the add channel button is grayed out when I pick none for the channel line-up.

2. How do I schedule to record the video camera. Say I want to record it between 10-11am. How do I do this since there is a not a channel or program line-up associated with the video camera. Can I fake a channel line-up/program line-up?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Benjamin

GB-PVR v1.0.16 | Hauppauge PVR150 | Hauppauge MVP
    USB UIRT v1.4 | AddEpisode v0.7.0.14
    Intel Core2Duo E4500 | 2GB RAM | HD 1x200 2x500 | XPSP2

1. How do I create a channel such as 888 or 999 so I can view the composite/video camera via live tv? I don't want to pick xmltv or zap2it because there are no channels to download and the add channel button is grayed out when I pick none for the channel line-up.
    You can set the EPG source to 'none' in you new capture source, then use the 'add' button to manually add a channel.

2. How do I schedule to record the video camera. Say I want to record it between 10-11am. How do I do this since there is a not a channel or program line-up associated with the video camera. Can I fake a channel line-up/program line-up?
    Once you've done what I mentioned above, then it'll just show up like any other channel in the Manual Rec screen in the Recordings screen.

I set the recording source to 'Direct Recording Plugin' and the EPG source to "none'. Hit settings on the Direct Recording Plugin. Picked my PVR150, Source as "Composite, External Tuner". When I hit OK, it says "You must setup the EPG source before you can continue" and the Add Channel button is grayed out. It will not let me choose none for the EPG source and add manual channels.

Any suggestions?

Thats odd... I just tried it here on a couple of machine and had no problems, and I know lots of people do the same.

If it wasnt already, then it might be worth trying it with creating a new capture source (rather than editing an existing one).

I got a little further. I added the new capture source and had to save it and then go back in in order to add the channel. I now added channel 601 and then updated the EPG, but on the channel tab the channel shows up as channel 2098. I changed it manually in the channel tab to channel 601, but it does not show up on the guide and I cannot enter channel 601 or 2098 via the MediaMVP remote control.

Do I have to clear/reload the EPG or configure anything else for the new channel to merge into the lineup and be accessible from the remote?

Benjamin

You should be able to start live tv and enter "601" to change to that channel.

Sub, I did two things and I am not sure which one solved it. One is that I upgraded v98.13 to v99.5 and the second is that I waited for the nightly EPG reload and tried it the next day and channel 601 showed up.

Thank you for the help.

Benjamin