Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16x9 aspect ratio not working!:(

Exclamation 16x9 aspect ratio not working! SOLVED!

Hello all. I finally set up my pvr150 with the irblaster and everything worked fine
    except I have a 32" lcd samsung widescreen tv and when i watched live tv, it always displays 4x3 instead of 16x9. so there's black space on each side of the tv screen, it's ok if i play a video or on the main screen. Is there a work around for this?

Second problem, i installed my pvr-usb2 and sed it up with my second account from zap2it. then I started a recording from the cable stb and tried watchng tv from the cable tuner on the usb2 , it says I can't watch another channel while recording. shouldn't it use the other input device?? also the irblaster was lost when installing the usb2, the config app says it can't find it. I hope I don't have to reinstall everything.

any advice???

paf
    Last edited by paf077; 2007-01-01 at 10:17 PM. Reason: SOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by paf077 View Post
    except I have a 32" lcd samsung widescreen tv and when i watched live tv, it always displays 4x3 instead of 16x9. so there's black space on each side of the tv screen, it's ok if i play a video or on the main screen. Is there a work around for this?
    Did you select the appropriate TV-shape in gbpvr-config-playback?
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.

yep, no change.:confused:

Yes it is set to 16x9. It's full screen and NOT stretched in all other menus and
    videos, so that's why ai don't understand it displaying 4x3 in tv.

Also how do you control the pvr-usb2 when the irblaster is installed and working
    normally for the 150? It's the same remote for the 2!

I have reinstalled everything completely 2 times already, I hope to get this sorted out.
    Thanks for any help.

NB. If i can get this working reliably, a donatioon will be going out to Sub.
    What a great program!

Paf

did you try playing with the Aspect Ratio? Hit F7 while watching live TV.
    * Rogers Analog Cable [Canada]
    * Hauppauge WintTV PVR USB2
    * IBM Thinkpad T42 / 1GB Mem / Centrino 1.6Ghz / 60GB HD / ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 + VGA/DVI out
    * MCE Remote + Keyboard
    * Win XP SP2 / GBPVR [Latest version. always]
    * Pioneer HDTV via VGA (1360x768)
    * MS Remote Keyboard
    * Logitech Harmony 880 [via MS Remote Control Reciever]

The Hauppauge PVR150 marks all the recordings it makes as 4x3 regardless of the real aspect ratio. You can of course press F7 to manually change aspect ratios.

If you use a digital device, then you'll get the real aspect ratio stored in the stream, which will give you correct automatic aspect ratio contol during playback or live tv.

Thanks for the quick reply Sub.

It goes full screen on "F7", but goes back if you change menu to video or picts, ect, and come back to tv. I have to hit the F7 key again. Is there a way to
    keep it wide screen in tv when you restart it or on start up?

Another problem is I can't setup my usb2 unit. GB-PVR reports no drivers loaded for the Pvr-Usb2, but it's installed correctly and no conflicts in device manager.
    Any idea why, and should it be "capture device #2" as i set the 150 as device #1?

Thanks again.
    My better half complained that she doesn't want to go fishing out the keyboard
    to reset the widescreen all the time. Thank again for an awsome app.
    Just a few wrinkles to iron out.

It goes full screen on "F7", but goes back if you change menu to video or picts, ect, and come back to tv. I have to hit the F7 key again. Is there a way to
    keep it wide screen in tv when you restart it or on start up?
    It usualy remembers and returns to the previous aspect ratio setting. Are you using the current v0.99.5 release? There was a bug in the last release with the Overlay renderer which would cause this log to not work.

Another problem is I can't setup my usb2 unit. GB-PVR reports no drivers loaded for the Pvr-Usb2, but it's installed correctly and no conflicts in device manager.
    Any idea why, and should it be "capture device #2" as i set the 150 as device #1?
    Both devices should be capture device #1. You only increment this number when you have multiple devices using the same drivers.

If setting the device numbers correctly doesnt help, can you run the filtercheck utility, then zip and attach the resulting filtercheck.log? http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...39&postcount=6

Yes it's 99.5 and using vrm9 not overlay.
    I'll run the filtercheck later , I have to go to family reunion.

I'll send the log later, thanks again Sub.

Paf

Ok, here's the Filtercheck result.
    I tried using overlay instead of vrm9 for playback,but it's still the same. Also it always reverts back to 4x3 when i timeshift or jump forward or back while watching a recording.

Anyway All the best in the NewYear.

Paf

I tried using overlay instead of vrm9 for playback,but it's still the same. Also it always reverts back to 4x3 when i timeshift or jump forward or back while watching a recording.
    Can you reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs?