Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transport stream playback

transport stream playback

I've just recently found I can capture HD video from my cablebox via firewire. The software creates a .ts file which, because I have the NVidia Decoders installed I believe, I can play it. There are of course some caviats.

I can play the video in WMP in either Overlay or VMR (High Quality) mode. When I attempt to play the video in Overlay mode in GBPVR, I get a black screen and no sound. When I playback in any VMR mode, I get video but no sound.

In VMR mode GBPVR creates what appears to be an appropriate graph. I can open last_graph.grf in graphedt and both sound and video play fine. Doesn't it seem like if the graph was good it'd play the same in gbpvr?

Here's what appears in my log:
    Code:
    11:28:37.468	VERBOSE	Graph contains the following filters:
    11:28:37.468	VERBOSE	 - Default DirectSound Device
    11:28:37.468	VERBOSE	 - Video Renderer
    11:28:37.468	VERBOSE	 - NVIDIA Audio Decoder
    11:28:37.468	VERBOSE	 - NVIDIA Video Decoder
    11:28:37.468	VERBOSE	 - NVIDIA Transport Demux
    11:28:37.468	VERBOSE	 - E:\Video\Recent Recordings\HD\test_pbs.ts
    11:28:37.468	VERBOSE	getSetting(SaveGraphFiles)
    11:28:37.484	INFO	DirectShowPlayerBase::playFile() done
    11:28:37.484	VERBOSE	DirectShowPlayerBase::setPlaybackRate(1.000000)
    11:28:37.484	VERBOSE	Restoring audio
    11:28:40.671	VERBOSE	DirectShowPlayerBase::setPlaybackRate(1.000000)
    11:28:40.671	VERBOSE	Restoring audio
    11:28:50.109	VERBOSE	NativeUtilities::MediaHelper::stop()
    I've attached the last graph file too. Sorry if this isn't related to the release. I just don't have an old one to go back to, and it seems like it's a problem nonetheless.

It might be worth installing the HDTV Pump filter from http://dvbportal.dyn1.de/download.ph...etup-1.0.7.zip, which is what I use for transport stream playback.

If that doesnt correct the problem, let me know and we'll look into it further.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    It might be worth installing the HDTV Pump filter from http://dvbportal.dyn1.de/download.ph...etup-1.0.7.zip, which is what I use for transport stream playback.

If that doesnt correct the problem, let me know and we'll look into it further.
    I installed this without luck. Video plays but no sound. The log looks a little different using the MPEG2 Demultiplexer instead. Of course, between my last post and this one I've installed a new video card too.

In any event, same result. Sound with the graph played back in GraphEdt, but not within GBPVR. If you'd like, we can move this over to the normal support forums.

Nothing much springs to mind, but does it make any difference if you tell GB-PVR to use a different audio decoder?

No, it doesn't seem to. In fact, the log file always shows the NVidia Decoder being used for both video and audio regardless of my playback settings. I suppose that's because it's a .ts file right, so GBPVR just uses whatever the system defaults to. Isn't that right?

My guess is that it's somehow related to having AC3 audio in the file, but I'm not sure. I just don't understand why the lastgraph plays back fine in graphedt, and VLC plays the file with sound too.

No, it doesn't seem to. In fact, the log file always shows the NVidia Decoder being used for both video and audio regardless of my playback settings. I suppose that's because it's a .ts file right, so GBPVR just uses whatever the system defaults to. Isn't that right?
    Yes, I think you're right. Any chance you could use the Microsoft DECCHECK utility to temporarily change the default audio decoder?

I'm not sure what to change it to. I have Cyberlink's PowerDVD, but not the extra charge AC3 audio decoder, and I have Nero but not it's extra charge plugin either, so both of them playback the video with no audio.

WMP and VLC both playback the file with audio but use the NVidia codec. Interesting Zoomplayer is silent though it shows it's using the NVidia audio codec. DScalar is also unable to produce sound.

I'm tempted to install AC3 Filter but I've had bad experiences with that thing on another machine and am not sure it's a good idea to install here. I may try it though.

Finally, I don't see in Microsoft's DECCHECK utility how to simply change the audio decoder. You have to set the default to audio and video all at once, right? I know I used to have a utility that would allow editing merits of individual decoders and such, but I'll be darned if I can recall what it was and what I've done with it.

Again, I'm open to any suggestions. And if you'd like a sample video to play with, I'll post it. I have a 15-sec sample I've been using in test, about 30mg.

Finally, I don't see in Microsoft's DECCHECK utility how to simply change the audio decoder. You have to set the default to audio and video all at once, right? I know I used to have a utility that would allow editing merits of individual decoders and such, but I'll be darned if I can recall what it was and what I've done with it.
    You might be thinking of the radlight filter manager.

Again, I'm open to any suggestions. And if you'd like a sample video to play with, I'll post it. I have a 15-sec sample I've been using in test, about 30mg.
    You wouldnt be able to post a file this big, but if you have access to a web server, I'm happy to download it and take a look.

Ok, PM'ing the details.

Well, I thought I would but I'm told you've exceeded your message threshold and you won't receive anymore mail until you clear some space.