Thread: Nforce 2 Sound Glitchy.

Ok this is doing my nut in. If I play any of my MP3 collection in GB PVR, their are distortional pops for lack of a better word. Playing it in Media player before GB PVR kicks in works fine. Just seems after I've loaded GB PVR.
    Does this use its own CODEC, or can anyone explain what might be the source of my woes?
    Gonna try and reinstall next I think as its driving me mad. Doesn't seem to effect my vids though just MP3s.

Hardware:
    Shuttle SN45G2 Nforce 2 Ultra using the Onboard Card.
    Hauppauge PVR350
    XP 3000 +
    256 Meg of Ram (looking to be upgraded).
    160 gig HD.

Tried latest drivers, and old drivers on the Nforce Audio still no avail.

No, GB-PVR doesnt use its own codec. Infact GB-PVR doesn't do any playback or decoding itself. Instead it just asks directshow to do it for it, which in turn uses filters that are installed on you machine. You could emulate what GB-PVR does by starting GraphEdit, and selecting "render file" from the "file" menu, then choose your MP3 file.

I've never installed an MP3 codec, and have just used the default one available in XP.

What an extremely useful piece of software.

Its still causing the problem, so I am therefore safe to presume its the filter its using
    "InterVideo Audio Decoder"

Any ideas how to get rid of it, or get it working with soemthing else?

There are some utilities that allow you to change the "merit" of the various installed codecs, but I cant think of the name of any off hand.

RadLight Filter Manger
    Scroll down for version 1.4

Barry

Mek, I would be very intrested in how you get on with your setup. I'm just about to buy a setup just like yours. Are they as quite as they say?

cid