Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Using Ubustream with MediaMVPs

Quote Originally Posted by ubu View Post
    That looks like the correct URL. I'm assuming you used http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.ram
    as the original URL in UbuStream. That ram file contains a playlist that contains the rtsp url VLC is actually connecting to (.ra extension means RealAudio). For me, it connects to that rtsp URL just fine. I'm using VLC 0.8.6 though. Can't remember if it worked with 0.8.5.
    Yes that URL is in my config. A couple of days ago I did upgrade to VLC 0.8.6.0.

Cannot use channel mode

Quote Originally Posted by jbyram2 View Post
    Some one asked me how I got Ubustream working with MediaMVPs.
    Here's what I said. Any other thoughts, tips & tricks?
    Does this still work for you? I have been trying everything I can conceive to get any streams working in channel mode. Every attempt just results in a "no tuner available" message.

I am also starting to wonder if executables other than Ubustream could be specified. For example, the "TVU Player" service provides some excellent stations (Nickelodeon, SciFi, CBS, ...), but keeps the stream URLs hidden internally. I can capture its output into VLC, and I'm wondering if there is any way, using Ubustream or otherwise, to incorporate this into channel mode.

Can't play RTSP

Quote Originally Posted by pz1 View Post
    Yes that URL is in my config. A couple of days ago I did upgrade to VLC 0.8.6.0.
    Actually, I am having problems playing any RTSP stream through VLC. I've got the "over TCP" protocol going, but VLC just produces an error message. Some of these streams play live on their associated websites, so I know they are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_leitch View Post
    Does this still work for you? I have been trying everything I can conceive to get any streams working in channel mode. Every attempt just results in a "no tuner available" message.

I am also starting to wonder if executables other than Ubustream could be specified. For example, the "TVU Player" service provides some excellent stations (Nickelodeon, SciFi, CBS, ...), but keeps the stream URLs hidden internally. I can capture its output into VLC, and I'm wondering if there is any way, using Ubustream or otherwise, to incorporate this into channel mode.

That How-to is kind of old. Upgrading to the version 1.0 of GB-PVR broke channel mode for me and I havn't got it working again. The other mode works OK though.
    AMD Duron 1600 / 640MB / 80GB+200GB
    Hauppauge PVR-150MCE & 3 X MediaMVP (D3A)
    Girder & USB-UIRT -> Samsung SIR-T150 Digital Receiver
    Girder & USB-UIRT -> ChannelMaster 9521 antenna rotator
    UbuStream + CommunitySkin
    100% OTA *no cable, no satellite*