Thread: GBPVR Locks Up after pressing skip

Hybrid View

GBPVR Locks Up after pressing skip

Im new to GBPVR (I installed it this week into my new PVR system) and am running in to problems. I have installed the .NET 2 runtime, and am running GB-PVR v0.98.13b with no plugins, and the standard blue skin. I have a Hauppauge PVR-500 card, tried the original supplied drivers, and have ubgraded to the 24108 drivers in an attempt to fix this issue.

When I press skip to fast forward a recording, the program locks up solid. I recorded a 10 minute manual recording tonight, with Comskip installed. One press of the skip on a MCE remote locks the application and yields the attached logs.

I tried the same recording with pressing CTRL+ --> to skip and it too locks up.

Can anyone suggest how a newbie like me can figure out what is wrong here?

There are a few things you might try:
    - In gbpvr-config-misc select: short skip instead of ff
    - Try select another audiodecoder, not stick to default but choose cyberlink audio decoder e.g.
    - try vmr 9 instead of vmr 9 custom renderer.
    good luck.
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.

I fixed the locking

I experimented for about 2 hours and used different audio settings in the configuration page. I was able to fix the problem. Thanks for the reply.

Lock ups

When you say lock up, was it just GPPVR that locked up or did your whole system lock up? I have a similar problem. When I skip with PROCESSED (to xvid) recording I get a total lock up. This behavior is itermittant. Sometime I can skip thru a whole prog. Others lock up after one or two skips.

What were your setting during lock ups and what settings fixed it?

Thanks
    NPVR Latest version on W7 Home prem, SAF 5, TT-1500 DVB-S with CI, conax cam, USBURIT, LM Remote, Hauppauge 45 remote, Abit K9, Athlon 64 X2 3600 with Zalman CNPS8700 fan, 2G Ram, HIS Radeon HD 5570 1GB, 60GB Corsair SSD sys disk, 500GB sata recording, 1TB Media, Siversotone LC17, TV: KDL40NX700AEP

Could it be the 150-time-stamp problem?
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...=150+timestamp
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.