Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VRM overlay freezing

VRM overlay freezing

I am having a problem when viewing recorded programs. For some reason the overlay will work fine for a little while but once I skip a couple of commercials, it will stay on the screen and not function any more. Then after a little while I get an error about the database being locked. I have attached the logs.

Thanks

Can you set <LogSQL>true</LogSQL> in config.xml, then reproduce the problem and repost the logs?

Thats seems to have fixed the problem. Its not freezing anymore...WEIRD!

It would have gone away with restarting the software, but leave the SQL logging enabled. Next time it occurs zip and attach the logs, and I'll use this additional logging to track down the cause of the problem

Ok..it happened again. I have attached the logs

Thanks

Ok, thanks. I'll have a look at the code in the identified area a little later today.

If it happens again, please post the logs again - I'm curious to see if it shows the same thing in the logs again.

logs from when it happened again

Great - that seems to be the same place, which always helps. I'll try making a patch for you.

Can you see if the attached patch helps? Leave the SQL logging turned on for now just in case.

the patch seems to have taken care of the locked database file. Now I have just the problem of the display playing a video file but the VRM doesn't work and when I try to move my cursor on top of the display it either goes behing the screen or goes on top but doesn't ativate the VRM so I cannot control the video at all. Meanwhile the video is playing normally. Any ideas?