Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Saver Plugin - Support Thread

Hybrid View

Screen Saver Plugin - Support Thread

Please post all questions here, so not to hijack the Community Announcements thread.

As always suggestions and comments very welcome.

MVP loses connection

I have had an odd issue that I think it attributed to this plugin.

I like to listen to use the MVP/GBPVR combo to listen to netradio and have pictures showing in the background.

I can do this by choosing my NetRadio station and then going to the picture library plugin, choose a directory, and choose slideshow. This works fine.

When I saw this plugin I said "cool now I can just choose a the picture slideshow screensaver and which will save me about 5 button clicks (and may even be simple enough for the wife to use) since the screensaver will automatically run through the pictures.

However, after setting this up and getting it to work (ie going to netradio connecting and letting the picture slideshow screen saver kick in) I noticed some odd behavior. After about 15 or 20 minutes the MVP will disconnect and reconnect (losing my netradio session). This does not happen if I use netradio and the picture library. Also if I let the screen saver/picture slideshow go, it seems to run fine all by itself (no reconnects).

I check the log files and did not see anything specific that would indicate what is going on (of course I could be checking the wrong log file).

Any ideas?

David
    GBPVR on PIV 2.8 Gig Dual Core
    Windows XP SP3
    2GB RAM
    3 MediaMVP frontend

I'm afraid I don't have an MVP setup to test, but will try it on the PC later today.

If you can reproduce the problem, zip and attach gbpvr.exe.log and I will take a look. Does the MVP still disconect if you use one of the other screen savers, clock for example?

Here is the error log

I will try it with the clock and see if I have the same problem.

David
    Windows XP SP3
    2GB RAM
    3 MediaMVP frontend

The clock screen saver works fine

It appears the problem on occurs on the picture slide show plugin.

Thanks in advance for the help.

David
    Windows XP SP3
    2GB RAM
    3 MediaMVP frontend

screen saver kicks-in, even though disabled

The screen saver kicks-in, even though I have it disabled. I had to remove the dll from the plugins directory to get it to stop.
    HP Pavilion a6432f\AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+(2.6Ghz)\3GB\ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series\Windows 7 Professional 32bit\PCTV 80e USB

Quote Originally Posted by 4zm4r3d02 View Post
    The screen saver kicks-in, even though I have it disabled. I had to remove the dll from the plugins directory to get it to stop.
    If you mean by 'disabled' you have unticked from the plugins list in the config app all this would do is stop it from appearing in the main menu list (just like any other plugin).

To no longer use it as a screen saver you must edit the ScreenSaverPlugin line in config.xml to
    Code:
    <ScreenSaverPlugin>Simple Screen Saver</ScreenSaverPlugin>
    http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/ScreenSaver

FIXED - Hi, I'm 98.13b and I can't even get this plugin to display in the config app. I have changed the config.xml and restarted several times.

Fix - Didn't have the UI Elements Library installed. Not sure how I've been getting along without it.
    Last edited by jtokach; 2006-12-09 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Fixed
    -Jim
    ---------------------------------------------
    GBPVR Website
    GBPVR Wiki

Very nice plugin! Can support for Net Radio be added to the Now Playing Screen Saver?
    -Jim
    ---------------------------------------------
    GBPVR Website
    GBPVR Wiki