Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transparent Menus ?

Transparent Menus ?

In looking at some of the screen shots it appears in some (to me anyway)that GPPVR can do transparent menus. I searched the forum and documentations but did no come across anything directly confirming this. So please excuse the question if it had been answered before. Does GBPVR do transparent menus and if so what settings need to used to accomplish this. I guess the one place I would really like video displayed in the background is the TV guide. Thanks for any help

You can do this if you've chosen the appropriate overlay option in config.exe
    I got carried away: 3 DVB-T tuners, a DVB-S tuner, 3 MVP's and 1.1TB of storage space

So are you saying this is only available in Overlay mode. I have the renderer set for VMR 9 custom renderer, which I believe came up as the default setting? Somehow I would have though that VMR 9 setting with hardware acceleration would be required for this type feature.
    Last edited by jphhughes; 2006-10-25 at 03:40 PM.

Overlay mode means opaque OSD. If you want transparent OSD, you have to choose VMR.

I was using VMR9 Custom, but had to fall back to Overlay once I added an ATSC receiver to my system.

By doing so, I lost transparent OSD and Auto aspect ratio processing. But F7 still works to get me to the right aspect so it isn't a huge loss.

Transparent Menus ?
    I think of "menus" to mean the main menu etc. If this is what you mean, then no - you cant have semi-transparent menus (over the video) or anything like that.

As the guys pointed out above though, you can have semi-transparent onscreen graphics (show info etc) over the video if you're using VMR.

Quote Originally Posted by jphhughes View Post
    I guess the one place I would really like video displayed in the background is the TV guide. Thanks for any help
    When viewing the full TV guide have transparancy with video playing behind the guide. This is what I was hoping for. Thanks
    Self-Built HTPC with Vista Home Premium, Intel quad4 , Q6600 CPU 2.4 gHZ processor , 2MB Memory. Nvidia 7100on board Video Chip, HDhomerun .

I use the community skin and the tv guide when viewing videos is like this (ie. transparent with video behind).
    ----------------------
    PVRX2 1.3.11
    Shuttle SG33G5 Case
    Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz -- 4 GB RAM
    Hauppauge PVR-150
    Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual Tuner
    Onboard Intel GMA 3100 through HDMI -- 500GB
    37" Westinghouse LCD (1920 x 1080p)

Projects
    Program Image Tool

The full guide that comes up over the "Live TV" mode should be mostly transparent when using VMR. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_macaluso View Post
    The full guide that comes up over the "Live TV" mode should be mostly transparent when using VMR. Right?
    right now the answer is no. But I am not sure we are talking about the same TV guide view. Being new to GBPVR the only way I have found to view the complete TV guide is selecting it from the menu. So in order to do this when watching a TV show is to hit menu on my remote which give me video in a smaller screen and menu selections on the left , one of which is TV guide. When I click on this selection the guide takes the full screen with no transparancy but I do have sound. So may be I am missing something. Is there another way to display the full guide. I know about the mini guide and that seems to be somewhat transparent. Thanks
    Self-Built HTPC with Vista Home Premium, Intel quad4 , Q6600 CPU 2.4 gHZ processor , 2MB Memory. Nvidia 7100on board Video Chip, HDhomerun .

Done press the menu button then. If you're using a Hauppauge remote, press either the 'guide' or 'GO' button.