Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests?

Requests?

Blinky and PhotoCopy are 2 plugins I've recently developed. I've developed the items I wanted, but does anyone have a particular request for a plugin? Depending on the effort, it might be something I could whip up.
    Rob Mech - Kirkland, IL - www.robsprogrammingjunk.com
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Athlon XP 1700+ | GeForce 5200 | NVidia Decoder | Technisat Air2PC ATSC Tuner

rwmech, I have not tried your plugins but if you are looking for a new project, why not take a look at this?

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=16502

\\Agerdin

Quote Originally Posted by agerdin View Post
    rwmech, I have not tried your plugins but if you are looking for a new project, why not take a look at this?

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=16502

\\Agerdin
    My only hesitation in doing something like this is that it's fee based. I'd prefer to develop something that everyone can use.

Rhapsody (real networks) also offers this sort of feature to build your own radio stations.

What about a "Logging" plugin that a user clicks on to copy all logs to a .zip file for support requests?

Ideas:
    The destination of the file can be configurable via config.exe program.
    File name be something like GBPVR.Logs.<timestamp>.zip
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

I like fatman_do's idea, maybe sub would include it in the default plugins, or under the system menu, could save some headaches

Quote Originally Posted by rwmech View Post
    My only hesitation in doing something like this is that it's fee based. I'd prefer to develop something that everyone can use.

Rhapsody (real networks) also offers this sort of feature to build your own radio stations.
    Rwmech, not sure I understand. Yes, you have to create an account but as long as you accept ads, there is no fee associated.

\\Anders

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    What about a "Logging" plugin that a user clicks on to copy all logs to a .zip file for support requests?
    Thats pretty easy to implement. I'm curious though if sub wants to weigh in on if he wants to embed this into GBPVR directly. I'm guessing he has enough things on his plate at the moment.

I'm wondering though if there is an interface to an "exception" class in GBPVR. If there is I could hook into that and create a zip of all the logs only when one occurs. Might make it a little more automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    Ideas:
    The destination of the file can be configurable via config.exe program.
    File name be something like GBPVR.Logs.<timestamp>.zip
    While I like the config.exe idea, I really prefer to embed any sort of output controls in the app itself. I hate having to bust out the keyboard to do anything with GBPVR myself. I use my remote for nearly 100% of operation (as it should be). I'm thinking I'll probably put these into the c:\temp directory or in C:\windows\temp where the disk cleanup wizard (if ever run) can identify these as waste and clean them up automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by agerdin View Post
    Rwmech, not sure I understand. Yes, you have to create an account but as long as you accept ads, there is no fee associated.

\\Anders
    Even with that, I dont see a practicle way to serve ads onto GBPVR. Even if we could display them, it's unlikly that you'll be able to view the web page and "buy" the product (the purpose of the ads). Adopting some sort of "special advertisements" would reqire dev work on their side.

If somone wants to persuit the communication with them and get approval for the plugin development I'll give it a shot. I dont really have time though to open negotiations with a 3rd party however. I like the concept and I think it would be very cool to have but I dont see this as something we'll be able to "legaly" do.

Quote Originally Posted by rwmech View Post
    Even with that, I dont see a practicle way to serve ads onto GBPVR. Even if we could display them, it's unlikly that you'll be able to view the web page and "buy" the product (the purpose of the ads). Adopting some sort of "special advertisements" would reqire dev work on their side.

If somone wants to persuit the communication with them and get approval for the plugin development I'll give it a shot. I dont really have time though to open negotiations with a 3rd party however. I like the concept and I think it would be very cool to have but I dont see this as something we'll be able to "legaly" do.
    Fair enough

Thanks anyway.

\\Anders

Next?

Got the auto log zipping working, what's next?