Thread: Before I get dirty....

Hi,

I would like to develop a plugin that show the TV guide in a different manner - a list of channels, and after a channel is selected - only programs on that channel is shown.

Now - has this be done already? If not - can it de done? If so - any pointers as to where to get started?

Thanks,

Yes it can be done with a plugin. *Are you interested in having it look more like the tv guide or search guide?

If it is search guide I can modify my fast find plugin that I am working on to do this. *It would be fairly straight forward.

Instead of the letter list box, you would have channels.

The only thing you would have to change would be loading the shows based on channel (easy) and show channels in the list box (easy).

I posted a screen *shot of my find fast plugin.

Jorm
    WinXP Home
    3 X MVPs
    Hauppauge 250 MCE
    Hauppauge 150
    P-4 2.4 GHz / 768 megs Ram
    610 Gigs Of Media Storage

the modification to my fast find plugin is done. *You can now search by channel. I am waiting for the next release of gbpvr that will provide an api I need before posting it. If you want to try out a beta (cant change quality, pre or post padding) please pm me.
    WinXP Home
    3 X MVPs
    Hauppauge 250 MCE
    Hauppauge 150
    P-4 2.4 GHz / 768 megs Ram
    610 Gigs Of Media Storage

It would love to check out the beta! Where can I find the screenshot?

BTW - Do you have any information about timeframe for the next release?

Sorry - forgot - it should look like the search guide - and as you wrote - channels instead of letters. That would be GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mcr @ Nov. 24 2004,19:08)]Sorry - forgot - it should look like the search guide - and as you wrote - channels instead of letters. That would be GREAT
    Yes, that's the look (the lower part is replaced with an onscreen keyboard) and the Beta IS great! *