0.97.13 cannot communicate with recording service
Hi sub and all other deverlopers,
it's me again.
Since I upgraded to 0.97.13 I've seen the following problem for at least two times:
This phenomenon never ever happened with the older version 0.93.10; this version never ever failed doing the recording (without any exception).
- I do the programming of a show via the tv guide
- the machine goes down to hibernate
- the machine does not wake up to wake the programmed show
- if I wake up the machine manually, the gbpvr frontend says that the show will be "soon recording", even when the begin time has already passed
- if I try to cancel the programmed (but not recording) show via the tv guide (in order to do the programming once again), an error message occurs "cannot communicate with recording service"
- if I look in the system tray, gbpvr's recording service says, all tuners are "sleeping"
- if I say "restart recording service" via the system tray icon's menu, the missed recording starts normally (if the show is still on air)
Will this problem be gone, when I have updated to the recent version?
Will it help to restart the recording service every time the machine comes from hibernate (at the moment, I only start the frontend in order to make my XCard work)?
Isn't it very strange that the wake-up from hibernate didn't work?
AOpen i855GMEm-LFS, Celeron M 360, 512 MB DDR-333, 1xSamsung 160GB IDE HDD (System+Archive), 1xSeagate 500 GB IDE HDD (Data), LiteOn SOHW-1653SX extern DVD drive, 2xHauppauge PVR150, Sigma XCard, fanless 350 W power supply, WinXP Pro SP2, ParaLED Plugin & self-built LED status monitor (sexy )