Thread: AverMedia Remote

AverMedia Remote

We knew it was coming, eh sub? :P

Alright, here it is: The Aver remote connects directly to the tuner card via what appears to be S-Video. The S-Video out connector splits out into Component (I think) and the remote sensor.

The remote works in the Aver application, however HIP doesn't pick up any codes from it.

sub, I saw an earlier thread before about AverMedia remotes which was unresolved. As you said in that thread, you don't have access to this remote. Is there anything I/we can do?

Sorry, nothing has changed on that front. GB-PVR doesnt have any support for this remote.

You best chance of getting it working, is if the remote comes with software or configuration files that allow you to configure it to send specific keystrokes to the active application based on the button pressed. This is how the Hauppauge remote and a few others work.

It does come with a program that runs in the system tray, called QuickTV, however I don't think it has any configuration settings. Curses.

Is there a list of compatible remotes that you can buy separately?

Is there a list of compatible remotes that you can buy separately?
    No, not really. This is a little bit of info on this topic in the wiki, but it doesnt say too much.

The MCE2005 remotes are pretty good choice.

Alright, thanks sub.