Thread: Recording Service and hibernate

Recording Service and hibernate

Hi,

I have been using GBPVR for the past few months and have had no issues with hibernate (apart from during music streaming) -- i.e. when I wasn't watching tv, recording, etc. the machine went to sleep after 5 minutes.

I always keep my machine up to date with the latest version of GBPVR and always eagerly await the next release :-)

I installed the current version when it came out and am now having issues with the Recording Service. The machine just doesn't go into hibernate when the Recording Service is running -- even though nothing is scheduled! If I manually kill the Recording Service in the processes menu, then the machine goes to sleep after the set time.

I normally install over the top of my existing GBPVR installation and thought that might be the problem, so I uninstalled it again and deleted the GBPVR folder completely and then did a reinstall to set things up from scratch. It didn't help.

I haven't reinstalled any plugins and I am still using the default skin but the machine still doesn't hibernate even if GBPVR is closed and the Recording Service is running in the background.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
    the_e
    Asus Pundit-R, PVR250, Nova-T (9002), latest GB-PVR

I read in an other post about someone who had to disable the "recording soon" panel, to make hibernate or standby working. I wouldn't know how to do that though. There are other programs to put your system to sleep, with more options.
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.

Thanks for the quick answer.

The problem is that the computer doesn't even go into hibernate if GBPVR is closed -> the Recording Service icon is in the taskbar.

Just a rather wild guess: you could try closing down gbpvrtray.exe (the icon in the taskbar) and see what happens wrt hibernating.
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,

I did, and then the machine goes into hibernate.

But what happens to scheduled recordings if I turn off the Recording Service?

EDIT: That's not quite true. Right-clicking the Tray icon and choosing "close" doesn't appear to stop the Recording Service, so the machine doesn't hibernate. Stopping the Recording Service (via Start - Programs - GBPVR menu) or killing it in the processes menu gets me the machine off to sleep again.

Any other takers?
    Last edited by the_e; 2006-09-23 at 02:54 PM.

No recordingservice= no recordings . Sorry