Thread: Slideshow

Sub,

I've had had my first go at implementing a slideshow. *It works well on the PC screen, but the MediaMVP is not coping: *It seems as though returning true in needsRendering() and performing the render is not sufficient: when there is no remote control action, the MVP needs to be notified of the availability of the new bitmap somehow.

Seeing as the Hauppauge software provides a slideshow, presumably that notification system exists, can you work out what is happening and integrate it to the GBPVR plugin architecture?

Thanks,

Ecruos

What ever happened to this? The pictures plugin is great, but it would be nice to have a slideshow for the MediaMVP.

Mike

There is a slideshow - get the pictures plugin and then read the readme.txt included in the zip file.

Goosey,

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for the slideshow on the MediaMVP.

Mike

Is there a way of automating th slideshow?

an automatic 3-5 second pause between shifting pictures?
    GBPVR: A64 X2 6000+, ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, 4GB ram, 8800GT GFX, 2x Nova-T DVB-T, 1x D-Box2 Cable reciever, 2x Wired MVP's, 1.0.16. Vista.
    Plugins: MusicLibrary2, Weather, Int Cinema Listings, Burn DVDX2, D-Box2 Plugin, DVD Ripper.

Does anyone know if ecruos added a way to display a caption associated with a particular image. *Perhaps from metadata or a text file with the same name as the image.

I love the picture plugin but really would like that feature.

I emailed ecruos but have not received a reply.

Jorm
    WinXP Home
    3 X MVPs
    Hauppauge 250 MCE
    Hauppauge 150
    P-4 2.4 GHz / 768 megs Ram
    610 Gigs Of Media Storage

I am trying to find the Slideshow, the version I downloaded today (2004-5-9) didn't refer to the slideshow in the Readme - is it available somewhere else?

John