Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new skin im making

i want to add a time/date panel and available diskspace to the main menu and might play around with the gbpvr/start text. *the diskspace will be a bar graph with a percentage in the middle.

oh and it looks a lot cooler on the pvr-350 tv out, darker. trying to get this look and fell through out all the plugins, waiting on sub and other to fix (or add more skinability to their plugins, small things so hopefully wont take long). *might have to edit the weather plugin source and fix the button problem. on its based on an avaluanch skin and the mce skin from mediaportal.

oh yeah anyone got ideas for a name? i suck at naming things. (called my pvr pc, "pvr" :P) so far i got bluesquared, cos its blue and has kinda square shapes to it.

It looks nice! But it would be top $ if the buttons had square and chopped off conners too
    Nicolai - http://www.nk-h.dk
    Current htpc - Asus N4L-VM DH, Core Duo 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Hauppauge PVR-500 mce, Twinhan DVB-C CI, TerraTec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C, nVidia 8800 GTS (using S-video tv-out), decoding dvb-c with ACamd 0.5.0.9, Yanksee and a Viaccess card from YouSee.

It looks great Reven. Keep up the good work.

Great job reven - looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nkh @ Nov. 02 2004,09:56)]It looks nice! But it would be top $ if the buttons had square and chopped off conners too
    yeah ive already changed the main menu buttons to fit the shape of the menu items border, so left corner / bottom right /
    i wont for every other plugins buttons, they look much better as buttons. i might reduce the task image size, and have to find some more images for tasks, at moment livetv/recordings/tv guide all use the same task image. have to take my word for it but it looks a lot better on the pvr350, or a darker monitor.

ill release it in a couple of weeks, got exams at uni now so cant spend much time playing around with it, i want to add a few main menu infopanels to it aswell.

This skin is a beauty

This skin looks really good, cant wait to see the finished article.

Thumbs up

Skin looks good as is.

But - nobody has really designed a skin in any of the HTPC software that I really want.

Because there are so many plugins etc I would like to see a skin that behaves in a similar way to SKY's. That is items grouped by category.

For example use a horizontal and a vertical menu.
    eg

MENU1 MENU2 MENU3 MENU4

LIVE TV
    PICTURES
    DVD
    etc......

The vertical menu items change as the horizontal menus are selected.

So I could then group media viewing like TV DVD PICTURES etc
    and tools such as DVDRIP DVDMPEG etc similaly I can have a separate list for the funstuff COMIC, WEATHER, NEWS etc

I would also like parental control on the tools menu so the kids can't muck it up.

Just my idea of utopia but would be really nice.

Sub is making submenus sometime in a future release, but I don't know if multiply levels of the menus will me visible at the same time. It would be cool though

I'd also like to se an option to make vertical menus in the skins.
    Nicolai - http://www.nk-h.dk
    Current htpc - Asus N4L-VM DH, Core Duo 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Hauppauge PVR-500 mce, Twinhan DVB-C CI, TerraTec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C, nVidia 8800 GTS (using S-video tv-out), decoding dvb-c with ACamd 0.5.0.9, Yanksee and a Viaccess card from YouSee.

yeah i sub has to implement the submenus (mostly for live tv, tv guide, search guide, recordings). once he finishes doing that skins will begin to look a lot better, the style of xbmc (less buttons). my skin will be easy to modify once that is done.