Thread: Multiple Servers Problem

Multiple Servers Problem

Sub,

Since installing 98.8, I have had problems switching between two pc servers I have on my network. On previous versions, I used to cycle the power on the mvp (via the remote) and then it would boot to the other server. With the new dongle.bin I can't seem to do it. Then only way to change servers is to physically pull power and boot the mvp. The new dongle will then scan for a preferred server (when it does this, it switches to the other server) and then I am stuck with that server.

Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks, so far so good (except for this issue).

Bigbus

Are you saying that you have two physical GBPVR "servers" or are you referring to multiple instances of the MVP software server?
    Dell Inspiron E1505
    Intel Core Duo T2400 (1.8Ghz x2)
    1GB RAM
    120GB Hard Drive
    GeForce Go 7300
    Windows XP Home

Since installing 98.8, I have had problems switching between two pc servers I have on my network. On previous versions, I used to cycle the power on the mvp (via the remote) and then it would boot to the other server. With the new dongle.bin I can't seem to do it. Then only way to change servers is to physically pull power and boot the mvp. The new dongle will then scan for a preferred server (when it does this, it switches to the other server) and then I am stuck with that server.

Is there any way to get around this?
    I think that is just the way Hauppauge do it these days. I dont know of any way around this behaviour.

Thanks Sub, that's what I thought. I have two physical servers and two mvps.

I resolved this if anyone is interested. I have two physical GBPVR servers that I like to switch between.

For my MVPs, I have installed a Radioshack Plug-n-Power device to cycle the power on the MVP (I use Girder and an ATI Remote Wonder to control it). When I push a button on the remote, the power cycles and the MVP starts from scratch and you can choose another server.

For my client laptop, I have written a couple of batch files that point to a folder I created that contains individual GBPVR Config.xml files for each server. The batch file stops the recording service, deletes the current Config.xml file in GBPVR and then replaces it with the one for the server I want to look at. It then restarts the recording service. When I want go back, I click on another batch file and it switches back.

If anyone is interested in doing this let me know and I will provide the files.

Bigbus
    NPVR Server: AMD Athlon Dual Core 5200, 3 GB RAM, 128GB SSHD, WinTV HVR-1600 QAM (2), Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650, Win7
    Windows Home Server 2011: Athlon Dual Core 4600+, 2.5GB RAM, 5 TB HD
    Clients: AMD64 Laptop, AMD Athlon 4600+, AMD Athlon 3200+, Toshiba NB205 Netbook, Raspberry Pi (Raspbmc), several other laptops, android phones, and iPods