Thread: web pages

Sub,

Say I want to add a webpage to your set. My dev machine is on a different machine from GBPVR. So using VC# I make a web app thingy, then it wants the URL of the project...

SInce Im on a seperate box, are there permission issues Im going to have pointing it to my seperate GBPVR system?

I tried opening the main web project, but I don't think it is able to open the URL (http://<ip>:<port>/gbpvr..

It really seems like a permission (or allowed extension) issue. I also cannot browse to that file.

Ideas how to fix?

but you should be able to install GB-PVR on you development box, and even setup a capture source, and schedule recordings - all from you development machine without a capture device. Obviously it'll fail when it goes to perform the recording, but at least development should be easier.

True, but I wanted to avoid installing gbpvr... Any thoughts about how to change the settings/permissions of the web server?

nope

ok, I installed gbpvr on my devel machine...

The I had to change the .webinfo file to the right web port...

Now Visual Studio .NET is telling me that the webserver is not running ASP .NET v1.1, and won't let me open the project. I did install the .NET 1.1 stuff...

also... your uninstall script triggers Norton as a malicious script (and on the reinstall)

To run .net 1.1 on IIS you need to do the following once:
    1. Go to the framework directory
    (%Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1 .4322)
    2. run: aspnet_regiis.exe -i

wellllll, that leads to the next question (no luck with that).. do I need IIS or does the GBPVR webserver cut it.