Thread: Green hue or Black and White!?!?!

Green hue or Black and White!?!?!

Ive recently got a D3A MVP, with a SCART output.

In a nutshell heres my dilema:

Using GBMVP.bin through SCART to SCART looks washed out, through SCART to S-vid it looks great, but either way crashes very often, sometimes at the first keypress, and can go out of sync after 10-15 mins of playback (the crashes are pretty random and associated with keypresses or ff/rw).

Using dongle.bin or Dongle_24088.bin through SCART-SCART gives a green hue on the TV (ive read various haup forums detailing the gree/red sync issues - no solution in sight!). Using the same dongles using a SCART to s-vid gives me a black and white picture?
    The MVP is more stable however.

Im guessing it might be to do with the fact i can adjust NTSC/PAL setting in GBMVP.bin?
    Anyone know how to rectify the B&W issue?

Sub, ive included my logs following use of GBMVP.bin just in case they are useful (i didnt see any error logs though, and i zipped them right after the screen turned a funny pink colour and crashed)

Thanks in advance!

Specs: Opteron 146, ASRock Dual Sata2, built in LAN - latest drivers, Belkin F5D7630 modem/router. one MVP rev D3A lot 5103. anything else needed, just ask.
    Last edited by stu8080; 2006-08-07 at 10:32 PM.

If no one is sure whats going on here, perhaps someone can advise of some good AV forums that might know - I dont understand whats going on with this?

Whoo Hoo

I was getting sick of having loads of recordings but no way to watch these other than on my computer, so i thought id have to use the Haup software (which is absolutely awful - you forget the luxuries you get with GBPVR like episode titles etc!)
    When i tried it, i realised there was a config option.

Using this i changed the settings to s-vid and PAL and the picture looked great.

To my surprise when i fire GBPVR MediaMVP server back up my problems were fixed!! (using dongle 24088.bin)

Now i can understand why the MVP is so popular!

Quote Originally Posted by stu8080
    I thought id have to use the Haup software ...When i tried it, i realised there was a config option....Using this i changed the settings to s-vid and PAL and the picture looked great....to my surprise when i fire GBPVR MediaMVP server back up my problems were fixed
    Gee Stu, didn't you see that in the WIKI
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Superb! Thanks jksmurf!

All i have to do now is try find somewhere that will sell me another couple of MVP's!